B4J Tutorial [BANanoWebix] Lesson 16 - The Sidebar

Ola

Well this is one of my favourate elements.

Lesson16.gif

First lets add the toolbar in a row with badges and then after that we add the sidebar with the various icons. The structure of the menu has been borrowed greatly from the WixMenu element.

The ToolBar

We initialize a menu and add buttons to it. The first menu item, being an icon, we add an event to it so that we can toggle the sidebar.

B4X:
Dim R1 As WixRow
    R1.Initialize("R1")

'add toolbar
    Dim tblBar As WixToolBar
    tblBar.Initialize("tblBar")
    tblBar.CreateIcon("menuopen").SetIcon("mdi mdi-menu").SetClick(BANano.CallBack(Me, "OpenMenu", Null)).Pop
    tblBar.CreateLabel("heading").SetLabel("Lesson 16: Side Bar").Pop
    tblBar.AddSpacer
    tblBar.CreateIcon("").SetIcon("mdi mdi-comment").SetBadge("4").pop
    tblBar.CreateIcon("").SetIcon("mdi mdi-bell").SetBadge("10").Pop
    tblBar.setPadding(3)

'pg.Page.AddRows(tblBar.Item)
    R1.AddRows(tblBar.Item)

When the menu icon is clicked, it calls the callback to toggle the sidebar.

B4X:
Sub OpenMenu()
    pg.Toggle("sm")
End Sub

The SideBar

The sidebar items are created in such a way that one method is used, called .AddItem that also accepts the parent 'id' of the owner item.

B4X:
Dim sm As WixSideBar
    sm.Initialize("sm").SetPositionRight("").SetCollapsed(True).SetActiveTitle(True)
    '
    sm.AddItem("", "dashboard", "Dashboards","","mdi mdi-view-dashboard", "2","")
    sm.AddItem("dashboard", "dashboard1", "Dashboard 1","","mdi mdi-view-dashboard", "","")
    sm.AddItem("dashboard", "dashboard2", "Dashboard 2","","mdi mdi-view-dashboard", "","")
    '   
    sm.AddItem("", "layouts", "Layouts", "", "mdi mdi-view-column", "","")
    sm.AddItem("layouts", "accordions", "Accordions", "", "mdi mdi-view-column", "","")
    sm.AddItem("layouts", "portlets", "Portlets", "", "mdi mdi-view-column", "","")
    '
    sm.AddItem("", "tables", "Data Tables", "", "mdi mdi-table", "","")
    sm.AddItem("", "uis", "UI Components", "", "mdi mdi-puzzle", "","")

'
    Dim R2 As WixRow
    R2.Initialize("R2")
    '
    R2.AddColumns(sm.Item)
    R2.AddColumns(CreateMap())
    '
    pg.Page.AddRow(R1)
    pg.Page.AddRow(R2)
    '
    pg.ui
    '
    Dim meid As Map
    pg.OnItemClick("sm", BANano.CallBack(Me, "itemClick", Array(meid)))

The items are added to the sidebar and the sidebar added to the 2nd row of our page as the 1st row has the toolbar.

You might have picked that this is using 'mdi' i.e Material Design Icons, these are added via.

B4X:
BANano.Header.AddCSSFile("https://cdn.materialdesignicons.com/3.6.95/css/materialdesignicons.min.css")

Easily for the sidebar we have added the itemClick method and just message the selected key out.

B4X:
Sub itemClick(meID As String)
    pg.Message(meID)
End Sub

As you might have noted, there is a consistency of how things are being done like methods, ids, values etc.