B4J Question How to enable horizontal scrollbar in Webview

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like the headline says, how can this be done? It doesn't show it automatically as seen in the screenshot from my project Athena.
It would be better if the horizontal scrollbar shows up. The vertical scrollbar works as expected. Can this be overrided somehow? please help out.
Note that the two webviews uses each instances of their own, for browsing to work.

I'm on Java 8

Athena_WebBrowser.jpg

another screenshot

Athena_WebBrowser2.jpg

Last edited:

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems like the WebView control doesn't have a horizontal scrollbar, since the text is wrapped, at least when browing in the B4X forum.
But as seen in the second image some sites does not wrap all text. Is it supposed to work this way?

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
I see. Is there a way to somehow override the default behavior of the WebView control to always show the scrollbars to deal with "older sites"?

Upvote 0

ThRuST

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, so it's up to the web designer to make sure it works as expected, so it's a good advice to use a responsive Javascript framework, or of course B4j technologies.
I was thinking the Anchor properties has something to do with the WebView and scrollbars behavior so unless you point this out I assume thre's a tutorial for this that I never watched. I think the controls can remain fixed on each side of the pane so it probably has nothing to do with if scrollbars becomes visible or not!

I should probably post a new question about this? Anchors is a new topic!

upload_2019-7-14_14-25-51.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-14_14-20-50.png
    upload_2019-7-14_14-20-50.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 180
Upvote 0