Android Question Min hardware requirement for B4A

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

For the last few years I mainly focus on B4I and no longer develop B4A apps for few years already.. If I want to pick up B4A apps again, what is the min hardware requirement now?

I only have a very old Samsung notes 3 phone and I don't to spend money to purchase a new phone, is that still ok?

Thanks!

Hypnos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Android versions distribution: https://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html

I recommend you to use an Android 5+ device and you can safely set the minSdkVersion to 21 (Android 5.0).

Hi Erel,

For some reason I have to publish a very simple app to play store and I think I won't write so many android apps in future.
That's why I don't want to invest a new phone...

In my case (only have Samsung notes 3 - not able to use Android 5+), can I still develop + publish my app to play store using B4A with my notes3 (for testing and development) ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
For some reason I have to publish a very simple app to play store and I think I won't write so many android apps in future.
That's why I don't want to invest a new phone...
Apps on PlayStore must use targetsdk 28. You are not able to test it with a Note3.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
In my case (only have Samsung notes 3 - not able to use Android 5+), can I still develop + publish my app to play store using B4A with my notes3 (for testing and development) ?
Yes. I wouldn't use an Android 2.x. However if it is running Android 4+ then you can use it for development.

Upvote 0