Android Question GooglePlayBilling for V7.8?

Quillok

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey,

is it possible to use the library for older Versions of B4A?
When I try to compile the Billing example, i've got an error in the following sub:

B4X:
Sub Service_Start (StartingIntent As Intent)
    Service.StopAutomaticForeground 'Starter service can start in the foreground state in some edge cases.
End Sub

StopAutomaticForeground is unkown in 7.8

When loading the example there is a notification that this module is from a newer version an my run improperly.

So i'm confused... am i not be able to use this library for in app purchases?

Is there an alternative that I can use or do?

Thanks in Advance :)

Quillok

Licensed User
Longtime User
My guess would be to just comment out the Service.StopAutomaticForeground line & see if it works. That piece of code doesn't have anything specifically to do with GooglePlayBilling.

You should probably read this tutorial -> https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/automatic-foreground-mode.90546/

- Colin.

I tried this already but then there is this error:

B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.01s)
Compiling code. Error
The object reference was not set to an object instance. [Translated from German: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.]

But there is no hint in the logs (there are no logs) where this error comes from, so I guessed the library can't be used with 7.8 and because of this, this post ^^

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I tried this already but then there is this error:

B4A Version: 7.80
Parsing code. (0.01s)
Compiling code. Error
The object reference was not set to an object instance. [Translated from German: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.]

But there is no hint in the logs (there are no logs) where this error comes from, so I guessed the library can't be used with 7.8 and because of this, this post ^^

I don't see anything in the GooglePlayBilling tutorial that says it can't be used in v7.80. Maybe if you zip up your project & post it, or post a small project that reproduces the issue, we might have something to go on.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Quillok

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't see anything in the GooglePlayBilling tutorial that says it can't be used in v7.80. Maybe if you zip up your project & post it, or post a small project that reproduces the issue, we might have something to go on.

- Colin.

I'm using the BillingExample of the GooglePlayBilling Tutorial... nothing more. Opened it, tried to compile it and got the error :/

Upvote 0

Computersmith64

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using the BillingExample of the GooglePlayBilling Tutorial... nothing more. Opened it, tried to compile it and got the error :/
The example compiles fine in B4A v9.50 (both with & without the Service.StopAutomaticForeground), so maybe it is the version of B4A you're running. Why don't you just upgrade to v9.50? There have been a lot of features added since v7.80.

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Quillok

Licensed User
Longtime User
The example compiles fine in B4A v9.50 (both with & without the Service.StopAutomaticForeground), so maybe it is the version of B4A you're running. Why don't you just upgrade to v9.50? There have been a lot of features added since v7.80.

- Colin.

My problem is, that I'm very unsure that I will get the costs for upgrading back by these in app purchases I can offer then... This is only a hobby for my and since I am the only money earner of a family of 4, I unfortunately have to pay close attention to every money spending :/

Maybe I've saved enough when version 10 of b4a comes :)

Upvote 0