Android Question Another novice question - installing via USB

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
I am progressing, I promise.

How do I install my program onto friends / family phones without them needing to download B4A Bridge? I must be able to use a USB to simply install my program on their phone?

I've read the documentation about using a USB, but I couldn't work out what was required. I searched my hard drive for "android_sdk" to no avail.

Please help me with what I need to download for this simple activity.

Thanks.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you seen this tutorial ... https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...4a-bridge-usb-cable-connection.69713/#content

Another option is to use a file manager to manually transfer the app .apk file to the device and once done just locate and click on the .apk file.
Compile the app in Release mode. (with no device attached).
an .apk file will be genererated and located in you project folder /objects ..

Remember to compile the app with your private sign key. ... not the debug key.

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Compile your project in Release mode:
1578698042551.png

On friends' phones, set:
"android allow installation of apps from unknown sources" (after installing you can reset this option to "false")

Upvote 0

AlexOfOz

Licensed User
Thanks again. I have no idea what I was doing wrong. Maybe I was just being impatient. But now it is working a treat, and all I did was plug the USB in and start working as normal. I am learning a ton and you guys are being very patient with me. I promise to repay in the future.

BTW, I have finished my first game and I want to put it on the family phones. I'm actually quite impressed with my efforts, although I know already that it is agricultural and I will rewrite it in the future. I'm reading all about how I should have used arrays etc.

Upvote 0