B4J Question Display difference between Java-8 and Java-11 in laptop.

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

I have discovered a strange bug in my laptop with the display of applications compiled with Java-8 and Java-11.
The shape of the laptop, compiled with Java-11, is displayed much larger than with Java-8.
I took the example "Anchors" as a test application.
The same error happens to every application.

Has anyone ever noticed the mistake?

Attachments

• Anchors.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Laptop-Screenshot.PNG
    Laptop-Screenshot.PNG
    312.2 KB · Views: 221
  • PC-Screenshot.PNG
    PC-Screenshot.PNG
    113.7 KB · Views: 225
D

Deleted member 103

Why are you running it as jar with Java 8 and EXE with Java 11? Start with running the app from the IDE.
This is only to demonstrate that the scaling between Java 8 and Java 11 is different.
I create the setup file on my PC, and then I install the application for testing on my laptop, as my customers should do it.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

My laptop has the same resolution as my PC 1920x1080. The application has a size of 1280x800. As can be seen in the screenshot, with Java 8 the application is displayed in the correct size and with Java 11 it is displayed much larger.
And when I create the exe with Java 8, the application size is displayed correctly.

Upvote 0

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
My laptop has the same resolution as my PC 1920x1080. The application has a size of 1280x800. As can be seen in the screenshot, with Java 8 the application is displayed in the correct size and with Java 11 it is displayed much larger.
And when I create the exe with Java 8, the application size is displayed correctly.

Try to change the Compatibility Properties of java.exe.
Go to to your Java,exe folder and right click -> properties -> Compatibility tab -> Check the OVERRIDE HIGH DPI SCALING -> choose Scaling performed by System

for german desktop users

1582539610864.png

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 103

What is the screen scale (DPI)? Resolution without scale doesn't mean anything.
Thank you very much Erel, that was the right tip. :)
The scaling on the PC is 100% and on the laptop it was 125%.
Now I have set the scaling on the laptop to 100% and everything is OK.
It is so that Java-8 does not cause any problems with this scaling, but Java-11 does. :(

Upvote 0