Android Tutorial ADeveloper - B4A tutorials

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a good idea, however there are several mistakes in the content (I only watched the beginning):

1. The product name is B4A. Basic4android was the name until 2012.
2. HttpUtils2 shouldn't be used. It was replaced with OkHttpUtils2 many years ago.
3. There is no reason to use Glide or Picasso to download an image.
4. You shouldn't have a JobDone sub.
Complete code to download an image:
B4X:
Sub DownloadImage(Link As String, iv As ImageView)
   Dim j As HttpJob
   j.Initialize("", Me)
   j.Download(Link)
   Wait For (j) JobDone(j As HttpJob)
   If j.Success Then
     iv.Bitmap = j.GetBitmap
   End If
   j.Release
End Sub
Tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-okhttputils2-with-wait-for.79345/#content

ADeveloper

Licensed User
This is a good idea, however there are several mistakes in the content (I only watched the beginning):

1. The product name is B4A. Basic4android was the name until 2012.
2. HttpUtils2 shouldn't be used. It was replaced with OkHttpUtils2 many years ago.
3. There is no reason to use Glide or Picasso to download an image.
4. You shouldn't have a JobDone sub.
Complete code to download an image:
B4X:
Sub DownloadImage(Link As String, iv As ImageView)
   Dim j As HttpJob
   j.Initialize("", Me)
   j.Download(Link)
   Wait For (j) JobDone(j As HttpJob)
   If j.Success Then
     iv.Bitmap = j.GetBitmap
   End If
   j.Release
End Sub
Tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4x-okhttputils2-with-wait-for.79345/#content

Thanks for your attention
- You are right about first and second point.
- (wait for) is explained at the rest of the clip

should i open one thread for every tutorial or all here?

Last edited:

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this tutorial is supposed to be an introduction to glide library and I will make other tutorials for glide and retrofit

I would greatly advise that you then change the title of your thread as I was confused until I read the line above.. Erel has a b4x video tutorials in https://www.b4x.com/etp.html for beginners.

ADeveloper

Licensed User
I think if you copy adb.exe from Android SDK folder to NOX player folder, then it will recognize B4A bridge.
Yes that is somewhat true but as far as I know, you have to copy adb.exe from NOX player to SDK folder...(not from SDK folder to NOX folder)
I will explain it in the description of the Video

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @ADeveloper,
The video above is nicely produced, with nice clear pronunciations of your words and also no background noise :)

In your YouTube tutorial video titles, maybe you could include the words Android as well as B4A or iOs as well as B4i etc etc etc, and also in your YouTube tags. Actually talking YouTube tag, you should include 'yt:cc=on' as one of your tags

You appear to have the knack for making educational YouTube videos, so how about making a follow-up video but based on the XUI B4XDrawer which can be found in the link in below.

Keep up with making your tutorial videos, the production quality is good. Also your videos will help newer B4X developers to get to grips with developing apps using the B4X suite of development tools. Your videos also helps to promote B4X so that's a good thing too 👏👏👏

Peter...

Last edited:

ADeveloper

Licensed User
Hello @ADeveloper,
The video above is nicely produced, with nice clear pronunciations of your words and also no background noise :)

In your YouTube tutorial video titles, maybe you could include the words Android as well as B4A or iOs as well as B4i etc etc etc, and also in your YouTube tags. Actually talking YouTube tag, you should include 'yt:cc=on' as one of your tags

You appear to have the knack for making educational YouTube videos, so how about making a follow-up video but based on the XUI B4XDrawer which can be found in the link in below.

Keep up with making your tutorial videos, the production quality is good. Also your videos will help newer B4X developers to get to grips with developing apps using the B4X suite of development tools. Your videos also helps to promote B4X so that's a good thing too 👏👏👏

Peter...
Thanks a million for your support 🙏 that was really inspiring.
My laptop was out of order for couple of weeks and just bought a new one. hope to make new tutorials in following days.
It seems you have a good experience in YouTube. looking forward for more comments and suggestions from you 👏

ADeveloper

Licensed User
Hello @ADeveloper,

Peter...

As you suggested I made a tutorial for B4Xdrawer:

plz let me know if you have any other suggestion.

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what do you suggest for other tutorails? xui view? sqlite? json + b4a? b4j? .....
My suggestion,

Create a B4J Desktop app. It is much easier than B4A.
Then use most of the same code, share the codes, and make an Android app quickly.

Yes, there are some examples for same in the Forum, but members we benefit with another simpler explanation and helpful guide.

Thanks for your effort in expanding B4X

Regards,

Anand

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Excellent stuff @ADeveloper,
I'm more than sure that these tutorial videos will help more developers to find and create apps using the B4X suite of RAD tools. Your titles etc on YouTube are a lot better but you should also add the word 'Android' in the titles, I would ;)

Anyway hopefully your hard work making these great tutorial videos will help potentially new developers to find this great forum and its great resources...