Other B4XComboBox - strange "behavior" about its width.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm investigating ๐Ÿง๐Ÿ˜„, also because I'm developing (completing) a my custom version (see this) on this strange thing:

1.gif

(found also problems about item background colors, good with b4j, bad with b4a, I don't know :( with b4i)

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
By chance (pure guess) could it be that one of the items has a bunch of spaces at the end? Are you Trim(ming) the values before adding them to the combo box? Have you used Length to see what the longest length item is that is added to the combo box? Just noting some things that could be investigated...

Upvote 0

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
By chance (pure guess) could it be that one of the items has a bunch of spaces at the end? Are you Trim(ming) the values before adding them to the combo box? Have you used Length to see what the longest length item is that is added to the combo box? Just noting some things that could be investigated...
No, I have not checked, the data come from an example db found on internet, but I think there are no spaces at the end. If I haven't already thrown it all away ๐Ÿ˜„ , I can check it anyway.

On the other hand, the purpose of my version, a modification of Erel's B4XComboBox, is for the classic list of texts of a field and their IDs; it would be sufficient to truncate the texts, all with a maximum length, since the important data to be obtained is precisely the ID.

Upvote 0