Android Question Extract Names and Icons of Material Icons and Display them on B4XListTemplate Using CSBuilder

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I use a text file named MaterialIcons-WebFont.txt obtained from one of Erels’ threads to retrieve the names of the material icons and use the below csbuilder code to display on a B4XListTemplate. But, I am not able to display the material icons corresponding to each text file name. How should I modify the below code to also see the icons by incorporating a font file called: materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf (from one of Erels’ threads).
B4X:
For Each line As String In File.ReadList(File.DirAssets, "MaterialIcons-WebFont.txt")
        Dim cs As CSBuilder                        
        B4XListTemplate1.Options.Add(cs.Initialize.Color(xui.Color_White).Size(20). _
        Append(line.SubString(1)).append(TAB).Pop.Typeface(Typeface.MATERIALICONS).Append(line.CharAt(0)).PopAll)
Next
If I use the line below, how do I include it in the csbuilder construct:
Dim fnt As B4XFont = xui.CreateFont(Typeface.LoadFromAssets("materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf"),50)
Thank you

Attachments

• B4XListTemplateforMaterialIcons.png
    B4XListTemplateforMaterialIcons.png
    19 KB · Views: 199

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like:
B4X:
Dim fnt As Typeface = Typeface.LoadFromAssets("materialdesignicons-webfont.ttf")
For Each line As String In File.ReadList(File.DirAssets, "MaterialIcons-WebFont.txt")
        Dim cs As CSBuilder                        
        B4XListTemplate1.Options.Add(cs.Initialize.Color(xui.Color_White).Size(20). _
        Append(line.SubString(1)).append(TAB).Pop.Typeface(fnt).Append(line.CharAt(0)).PopAll)
Next

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Something like:
the above suggested code works great. I like to display the image part of the icon(font) onto a label. I use the below code. It displays it, but the icon is really tiny in the middle of the label. Not sure if this is the best way to do it.
B4X:
If Result = xui.DialogResponse_Positive Then
        MySelection  = B4XListTemplate1.SelectedItem
        Dim s() As Object=Regex.Split(TAB,MySelection)
        Dim lbl As Label
        lbl.Initialize("")
        lbl.Typeface = fnt
        lbl.Text=s(1)
        lbl.Color=Colors.green
        lbl.TextColor=Colors.black
        lbl.Gravity=Gravity.CENTER_vertical+Gravity.CENTER_HORIZONTAL
        Activity.AddView(lbl, 0, 0, 100dip, 100dip)
EDIT: I am satisfied now. Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0