Android Question How to lunch b4a_bridge use adb command ?

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
How can i lunch b4a_bridge in the android thing with adb command ? o_O

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The package name for B4A-Bridge is:

anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge

adb shell am start -n com.package.name/com.package.name.ActivityName

Upvote 0

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
The package name for B4A-Bridge is:

anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge

adb shell am start -n com.package.name/com.package.name.ActivityName
Can you give me example ? I don't know how to use it.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
adb shell am start -n anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge.ActivityName o_O but always give me "Error: Activity class {anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge.ActivityName} does not exist."

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but always give me "Error: Activity class {anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge.ActivityName} does not exist."
sure. There is no such ActivityName in the Bridge.

try

adb shell am start -n anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge.Main

or
adb shell am start -n anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge.main

Upvote 0

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
main or Main => Error: Activity class {anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge.MAIN} does not exist.

Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
main or Main => Error: Activity class {anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.bridge.MAIN} does not exist.

You forgot to include b4a in Don's second method that had a lower case .main:

adb shell am start -n anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge/anywheresoftware.b4a.b4abridge.main

The above works for me.

Upvote 0

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry, i type bad word. it is ok. but devices give me "please allow B4A-Bridge to install applications" and B4A cann't connect it. my version is v2.62

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
please allow B4A-Bridge to install applications
You are forwared to the settings then. Allow b4bridge in this setting then.....
At least this happens when starting B4ABridge the normal way. B4ABridge does a check and foward the user to the setting where the user need to define the permission manually.

If this does not happen using adb then you need to go to the setting manually and give b4abridge the correct permission (to install a app/apk).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just curious, why did you want to start the B4A-Bridge app using ADB (in your OP) and not do it manually?

Upvote 0

jinyistudio

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am use android thing first time. because i don't how to use b4abridge like android(just click it). o_O I use android console building this image and i have add b4abridge app and give it full permission. Because it no any icon when i boot it so i don't konw how to lunch b4abridge. I can only start B4ABridge manually with ADB o_O

Last edited:
Upvote 0