Android Question MiniSearchView odd behaviour

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I am using MiniSearchView; it looks and works beautifully until I try to do anything (search database, et) with the text selected using [xxx.textfield.text] the CLV appears again above the text box with the selected text?
Ok...problem found, I was putting the value back into the field, sorry for my stupidity

Last edited:

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
So is there a way to close/hide the CLV, when i enter values into the textfield with code?
Right now, the LV appears, with the same text in it, above the textfield.

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, but I`m not getting the option to enter the class name 'minisearchview.' (which is the name of the class) thats why I`ve been banging my head.

Upvote 0

james_sgp

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, just re-read your message and realised 'searchview' should be the name of my MiniSearchView...
But I`m still getting the problem that the 'TextField_TextChanged' is being triggered after I have updated everything and it turns the CLV`s back on?

B4X:
                in_name.TextField.Text = values(1)
                in_ic.Text = sf.Right(EncDec.AESDecrypt(values(3)),4)
                in_org.Textfield.text = values(4)
                in_temp.RequestFocusAndShowKeyboard
                in_phone.CLV.GetBase.Visible = False

Looking at the 'TextField_TextChanged (Old As String, New As String)'.... OLD is blank, and NEW has the value I put into it. Obviously this is correct, but why is it triggering much later?

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I`m still getting the problem that the 'TextField_TextChanged' is being triggered after I have updated everything and it turns the CLV`s back on?
Add a global boolean variable named IgnoreTextChanged and use it in the class to ignore the TextChanged event. Set it to True before you modify the text, Sleep(50) and set it to False.

Upvote 0