Android Question converting list of map to list

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's say I have a long list of names and each name is a map (firstName, middleName, lastName). Now I want a list of firstName. I know how to build the list the hard way by going through each item. I'm wondering whether there is any trick, an easier way, to achieve that.

RB Smissaert

Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's say I have a long list of names and each name is a map (firstName, middleName, lastName). Now I want a list of firstName. I know how to build the list the hard way by going through each item. I'm wondering whether there is any trick, an easier way, to achieve that.

I don't think there is any other way then running a loop and add all the FirstNames to the new list.

RBS

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you want to use a database (SQLite is a good choice). Lists/Maps are good for data-transportation or a small amout of entries. With a db you can retrieve the data very fast and only the data you need at that moment.

Upvote 0

toby

Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe you want to use a database (SQLite is a good choice). Lists/Maps are good for data-transportation or a small amout of entries. With a db you can retrieve the data very fast and only the data you need at that moment.

I get data, a list of map, from remote mysql server using httpJob. I just wish that I could use local Sqlite instead.

Upvote 0