B4J Question Virus into app packaged from the IDE

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I successfully created a packaged B4J app that uses jserial, including jssc.dll and all is working fine both from the IDE and from the packaged app if started from run_debug.bat.

But when I try to start it from the packaged exe, inside the same Build folder , Microsoft defender antivirus stops it immediately telling me about a virus inside:
Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.E!ml

virus description

How it is possible?
The app is built using JDK14
Cattura.PNG

thetahsk

Licensed User
Longtime User
Check your system first with e.g

and study this

Upvote 0

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks thetahsk,
That's quite strange but yes, it has something to do with one particular PC.
I compiled the app again on a different PC and, on that, it runs fine in any way: from IDE, from packaged EXE and from .bat debug file.

Then i moved the packaged, working app, on the previous PC and got the app deleted by the antivirus again...
I don't understand, maybe a false positive but with the same antivirus on both PC (windows defender) ? 🤔

Fortunately I can use the bat file to start it , the difference is the debug window.

Upvote 0

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
This has come up before. The packaged exe works by creating a new process (ie starting Java). This is seen as a possible threat by "AI" based antivirus/antimalware software. I had this problem with Malwarebytes. I reported this as a false positive and don't have the issue anymore.

Upvote 0

DavideV

Licensed User
Longtime User
This has come up before. The packaged exe works by creating a new process (ie starting Java). This is seen as a possible threat by "AI" based antivirus/antimalware software. I had this problem with Malwarebytes. I reported this as a false positive and don't have the issue anymore.
Thanks for the explanation, I'll try to set Windows defender to ignore the executable file.

Upvote 0