B4J Question [SOLVED] Change Javac automatically before compile - or better?

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,
I use java 11. I have a large developing project, works well, but now I encountered a problem, because I suppposed nowadays all customer use 64bit op. system. Bad idea.
So I am hesitating, should I tell the customer to reinstall his windows system to 64bit (reinstalling all used program, settings, etc), or I do something (as a good supplier) to make double version and create a 32bit version also.
So if I modify something in my program, I have to pay attention to make immediately two version, and I have to change the javac path in configure paths.
I found the b4jbuilder what would be good in a batch file running twice with two configuration, one for java 11 and other for java 8.
But I can't tell for the b4jbuilder what javac version I want to use, therefore I think may I can change it in b4xV5.ini, in the c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Anywhere Software\B4J\ folder.
It is a bit dirty solution, but I have no other idea actually.
Had somebody of vou similar problem?

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have the same problem; because i use the packager, i have to use packager 1.5 and the integrated packager. In my app i have to switch between jControls and jControls9.

Upvote 0

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be nice, if selected libs would depend by build configurations, even though we could set the used java compiler by conditional directive!

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User

Upvote 0

rosippc64a

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many thanks Erel, works like a charm!
I completed like this to set the conditional directive and set the output jar name:
B4X:
'Compile with Java 8:  ide://run?file=%B4X%\ProjectCompiler.jar&VMArgs=-Db4x%3D%B4X%&Args=-Task%3DBuild&Args=-BaseFolder%3D..&Args=-Configuration%3DDefault_32bit&Args=-Output%3DLSZAMLAW32.jar&VMArgs=-Djavabin%3DC:\Program+Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_201\bin
'Compile with Java 11: ide://run?file=%B4X%\ProjectCompiler.jar&VMArgs=-Db4x%3D%B4X%&Args=-Task%3DBuild&Args=-BaseFolder%3D..&Args=-Configuration%3DDefault_64bit&Args=-Output%3DLSZAMLAW64.jar&VMArgs=-Djavabin%3DC:\java\jdk-11.0.1\bin
thank you again!!!

Upvote 0