Android Question SD XUIView Lib V 0.1

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello

Questions:

1. Is the 0.1 the latest version of this lib and if not what is the link to the latest?
  2. Has the B4XEditText a word-wrap capability?
  3. If no word wrap is there a workaround to achieve word wrap?

Best regards
Rob

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, 0.10 is the latest version. If there were new versions you would find them in the library thread.

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In B4A you can do this to get the text wrapped
B4X:
Dim Edt As EditText = B4XEditText1.NativeObjct
Edt.Wrap=True

Allow me a suggestion, SD_XuiView was created with the aim of adding non-native animations (and other non-native functions)
If you don't need these functions, use native views, now from design you can declare them in the B4XView code without having to change anything in the declarations.
So if you don't have a specific need you don't need to use this library

Upvote 0

rgarnett1955

Licensed User
Longtime User
In B4A you can do this to get the text wrapped
B4X:
Dim Edt As EditText = B4XEditText1.NativeObjct
Edt.Wrap=True

Allow me a suggestion, SD_XuiView was created with the aim of adding non-native animations (and other non-native functions)
If you don't need these functions, use native views, now from design you can declare them in the B4XView code without having to change anything in the declarations.
So if you don't have a specific need you don't need to use this library

Hi Thanks.

OK.

I ended up using a bog standard EditText and did my own thing with a mini toolbar and floating hint.

Best regards
Rob

Upvote 0

angel_

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a conflict between XUI Views and SD_XUIView,

Is there a solution?

Upvote 0

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You shouldn't be writing to an old thread.

You are using two libraries that have one or more classes with the same name. In your case B4XImageView. I never use existing class names to avoid conflicts, but in August 2018 there was no such class that was added in August 2020 in XUI Views.

My library has been in existence for almost three years and I foresee that in the future there may be others who choose names the same as those I chose years ago, but although I avoid using existing names, I cannot stop others from doing so. At the same time, I can't change the names of my classes every time others make classes with the same names.

So in conclusion, you only have to choose one of the two classes to use. You will probably find several alternative libraries on the forum and you can replace either one, this is your choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0