Android Question Customise the java mediarecorder object in Camera2

CyberDroidWare

Licensed User
Hi all,

With regards to this project, Camera2 Library Example, how do you add inline java code to a B4A application to further customise the mediarecorder.

For example, I need to run this Java (and know what data type and value the constant MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.MPEG_2_TS)

How exactly do you parse this method, get the value for MPEG_2_TS and run the following:

mediaRecorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.MPEG_2_TS);

I have tried the usual method and constantly get this:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
B4X:
Dim oOF as Int = 8
MediaRecorder.RunMethod("setOutputFormat", Array(oOF)) 'set to TS

I have read this, and I think it may be that the library runs code wrapped in a different order than I can control.

setOutputFormat
Added in API level 1
public void setOutputFormat (int output_format)
Sets the format of the output file produced during recording. Call this after setAudioSource()/setVideoSource() but before prepare().

It is recommended to always use 3GP format when using the H.263 video encoder and AMR audio encoder. Using an MPEG-4 container format may confuse some desktop players.

MPEG_2_TS
Added in API level 26
public static final int MPEG_2_TS
H.264/AAC data encapsulated in MPEG2/TS

Constant Value: 8 (0x00000008)

Parameters
output_formatint: the output format to use. The output format needs to be specified before setting recording-parameters or encoders.
Throws
IllegalStateExceptionif it is called after prepare() or before setAudioSource()/setVideoSource().

Oh, and I am targeting an API > 26
Thanks
S

Last edited: