Android Question [Solved] Google App Signing

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

I have somehow enrolled in Google App Signing. I have no idea when or how I did this but now I cannot upload a new App.
Erels turorial [https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/google-play-app-signing.91703/ 2018] says it is not possible to opt out once opted in.

Attempting to use the tutorial to use Google App Signing raises a few questions.

Upload original key to Google:
Download pepk.jar from Google app signing instructions page.
Q1 Where on this page do I find the download link? I have searched, but failed.

Q2 When I do download perpk.jar what do I do with it?

Q3 Step 1 has this line:
java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=foo.keystore --alias=b4a --output=encrypted_private_key_path --encryptionkey=aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa1e6c09ffe3056a104a3bbe4ac5a955f4ba4fe93fc8cef27558a3eb9d2a529a20bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

What do I do with it?

I will wait until I sort this out before I move on to the next steps. I am unsure that if I generate a Google key for this App what effect that has on existing Apps if I try to update them. Do I need to keep switching keys?

I have attempted to follow Googles App Signing instructions but its many links take me to other pages with many links that......
Google seems to have constructed an overly complex/convoluted system. Simply logging into your developer account and uploading an Apk should be sufficient.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

Yes, a new App.
Attached is screenshot, the first I knew that I had enrolled in Google App Signing.

Regards Roger

Attachments

• SSS.jpg
    SSS.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 85
Upvote 0

Roger Daley

Licensed User
Longtime User
Solved.

Deleted whole thing and started over.
While stumbling through the Google maze I found the dialogue that gives you the chance to opt-out of Google signing.
I could never describe how to find it but if you get stuck with this problem it is there.

Regards Roger

Upvote 0