Android Question [ Game Server Ask ] what is the most effective ?

Waldemar Lima

Licensed User
Hello guys, I'm creating a server for an mmo game, but I'm having a lot of doubts on the best way to apply this in practice ...

Regarding the connection to the bank, what is most effective? Open a connection and create a timer for every X seconds to run a "Show Tables" to renew the timeout or open the connection whenever there is an interaction?

I am in doubt about the server protocol (Websocket or Socket) which is more advisable for this type of case?

Jeffrey Cameron

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are entire books devoted to your question, I don't think you're going to get a simple answer from the forum.

The answer for you will vary greatly depending on how you're going to implement communication, how many concurrent users you expect to have, and a host of other variables that only you can answer and have not provided to us in your post.

I can say that, generally, a timer to fire events for updating your "local copy" of the information is not a good answer. I would investigate MQTT and have your server broadcast notification that your clients may subscribe to. There are many other ways of doing this, of course, but assuming a simple "mmo game" model this would probably be the quickest/easiest to implement.

Just my two cents ;)

Upvote 0

Waldemar Lima

Licensed User
already managed to solve some doubts about pool connection, now I'm more relaxed! but I still have a question about it ... can I make several NonQuery Insert at the same time in mysql?

Upvote 0