B4J Question Java error 213

Peter Meares

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just for information.
I have just bumped into this error and with some research it shows it is a known issue in the java code to do with larger images.
at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.sg.prism.NGCanvas$RenderBuf.validate(NGCanvas.java:213)

Mine appeared after I added a third pane to the inner node under a scrollpane. Removing the third pane reverted to no error.

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
What was the error ?
You posted where it occurred not what caused it.

Upvote 0

Peter Meares

Licensed User
Longtime User
True. It was just to flag the error and what I observe. Here is a short overview.

The aim of my program was to load an image, in my case 8000x6000 from my camera, then be able to put markers onto the image to count items. I used the Scrollpane to allow me to move around the image.
On the Scrollpane.Innerpane I started with an image pane and a Marker pane. All the same large size (88000x6000).
At the end of marking everything I save a flattened jpg (Image, and Marker Bitmaps).

When I added a third pane for Text the 213 error started to appear. As it is deep in the java it is hard tell exactly when it occurs.
Some Google time seems to indicate there is an underlying problem with scrollpane and graphics memory.

Without the Text pane it all works quite nicely,
I suspect there are better ways to do what I want with layers rather than panes, but I set off down the pane route.
I also have just seen the ZoomImageView on the weekly digest from Erel and this looks really nice, just short on way to get the cursor.

Upvote 0