Android Question B4A adb.exe doesn't start

Michael Wenning

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
i use B4A for years (on new PC from 6.5 on) and had never problems with IDE. Now B4A bridge and usb connection don't work any more.
First reaction was to turn off Norton anty virus. Then i reinstall everything again as described in https://www.b4x.com/b4a.html
Than i took my old reserve PC and installed it the same way (B4A is now free). At first test with minimal "Hello World" program old PC question comes:
"Allow adb.exe ..." Succsess, everything works as it should do!!!
Both have B4A Version 10.2 Android and java files and folders are the same, the "Hello World" program and path configuration are same.
Differenz is:
New PC (bridge/usb doesn't run any more)
Win 10 Pro, Version 2004 64bit
Old PC (OK)
Win 10 Pro Version 1909 32bit
How can i fix the error?

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks like something from the Instructions is missing.

Did you forget to set the correct path to sdkmanager.jar in the SDKManager? Is it pointing to the correct, newly, installed SDK?
Did you forget to adapt the path to android.jar in the IDE? Is it pointing to the correct, newly, installed SDK?

Upvote 0

Michael Wenning

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you both!
First i have had the "Error: Fehler: Hauptklasse com.android.sdklib.tool.sdkmanager.SdkManagerCli konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden". I unzip the files with 7-Zip and didn't had the error after that. I downloaded SDK and installed selected whithout any errors.
Everything is pointing correctly.
But no success. By the way: At my old Pc there is nothing installed in SDK Manager

Upvote 0

Michael Wenning

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update: It works again!!!
By checking the old pc i found out that adb communicates with port 5555. I had installed Traccar a long time ago, which also uses port 5555. Until now there were never any problems. I uninstalled Traccar and B4a bridge works again!
Thanks for your help.
With best regards
Michael

Upvote 0