Android Question How to develop an app that can be used with different names?

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I need to develop a core app, for exemplo, delivery app for restaurant.

But each customer wants it with its name.

What is the way to create a core app and then simple customize it and publish with different names?

(I guess i could put most of the code in libraries and create a new app based on a simple template using these libraries. Not sure this is the right way)

Thanks !

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But each customer wants it with its name.
The simplest way would be to have a common app with the same package name, but change each customer's label name . Since it would be installed onto different customers devices, they will not overwrite each other. You can also, make the app icon personal to the given customer.
However, stand by, you will be getting more ideas from other forum users about this topic.

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
The simplest way would be to have a common app with the same package name, but change each customer's label name . Since it would be installed onto different customers devices, they will not overwrite each other. You can also, make the app icon personal to the given customer.
However, stand by, you will be getting more ideas from other forum users about this topic.
thanks for the answer... but maybe I was not clear enought... the customer are for exempla restaurants, that want published the delivery app on google play with its own name.

in this case I need to create a package name with the customer (restaurante) name on it

Upvote 0

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
Build the core app, and build it with a different package for each customer
ok, but how that should work? what you mean different package? copy and paste of the project? library? I want to do something that can be easy to mantain

Upvote 0

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
is it a cloud based system?
if it's a cloud system then :
what we do when we have a similar project :
1- once web service
2- On Admin Portal (Asp.net or B4J)

then the below is for each customer :
1- Each customer has his own database on the server (meaning if the customer name is erel then the database will named erel)
2- Each customer will have his own app - different package name of the app and different logo + name (meaning if the app is for delivery then each customer will have his own folder and that folder contains the project : WHY ?
because some customers will require some customization in the system and you can't make the customization effect all the other customers)

Hope that answered your question and if you have any question regarding the above just send me a PM and i will be more than happy to help through the process :)

Upvote 0