iOS Question Cannot build a release app using B4i [Solved]

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
After updating the OS on our Mac, we cannot build a release app using B4i 6.80. We can compile and run the app in debug with no problem.
We've created and downloaded a valid certificate and profile but the build fails. It looks like something is stopping the profile from working. Any clues as to what the problem is? Here's a small piece of the error message:

2021-03-04 17:09:07.242 xcodebuild[10407:264306] DVTProvisioningProfileManager: Failed to load profile "/Users/markjensen/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/d096da45-7a9a-4855-8752-0fd0481701d5" (Error Domain=DVTProvisioningProfileSourceErrorDomain Code=0 "No provisioning profile provider found for profile "/Users/markjensen/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/d096da45-7a9a-4855-8752-0fd0481701d5"." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=No provisioning profile provider found for profile "/Users/markjensen/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/d096da45-7a9a-4855-8752-0fd0481701d5".})
Thread: <NSThread: 0x7fe9fb0ca250>{number = 7, name = (null)}
Please file a bug at https://feedbackassistant.apple.com with this warning message and any useful information you can provide.
** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
CodeSign /Users/markjensen/Desktop/BuildServer/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload/VScribe.app
(1 failure)

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Before you updated your Mac - was you able to build a release?

If not - for release you need to create Store provisional profile. The one you are using for debug is ad-hoc profile. Also - you need iOS Distribution certificate - you can use it for both - debug and release but you need 2 different profiles. Each profile should be build based on a bundle - wildcard for debug but explicit for release. So you need 2 identifiers.

Please check this Dummies Guide to Getting Started with B4i

Upvote 0

Vern

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, but the app's been in the app store for 5 years and it's been updated several times. This is something new.

Upvote 0