Android Question b4xpage keeps old infor even after processing

Makumbi

Licensed User
Please help every time i process the record the page keeps the old information yet i have selected the new record please help

Attachments

• Backup REFRESHDATA 2021-05-06 21.07.zip
    31.2 KB · Views: 106

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
BTW, you get the error:

B4X:
Page with this id already exists: archiveprimary!

You're adding this page two times, and you have to do it just one, in B4XMainPage.
Remove
B4X:
B4XPages.AddPage("Archiveprimary", archivesummary) 'Add first page
from ArchivePrimary B4XPage_Created.

Upvote 0

Makumbi

Licensed User
BTW, you get the error:

B4X:
Page with this id already exists: archiveprimary!

You're adding this page two times, and you have to do it just one, in B4XMainPage.
Remove
B4X:
B4XPages.AddPage("Archiveprimary", archivesummary) 'Add first page
from ArchivePrimary B4XPage_Created.
i have removed them but it is still caching old record even after processing

Upvote 0

Makumbi

Licensed User
This is a large project. It is difficult to debug it without learning the code.

B4XPages doesn't cache anything. If you are seeing old information then you either haven't updated the layout or you loaded the layout multiple times so you have several layers of the same layout.
i updated the record . by fetching the new record using json

Upvote 0

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
page keeps the old information yet i have selected the new record please help
Hmm, you are obviously doing something incorrectly.
After looking at your code I'm out, you've won. Your code flow is not simple to follow at all, and it appears to be more complicated than it really needs to be. You should really try to simplify your code flow to make it easier to read and debug.

Some advice for you, .
  1. To start with, when you click on a table line the first time everything works, click on that line again and the image is incorrect. If your code flow was simpler to follow you would be able to spot the issue more quickly. Clearing the image still causes an issue, so concentrate on that first.
  2. The fact that after clicking the main button (in debug mode only) the list in AcademicExtract does not always populate. yes you can say but it works in release mode, but nevertheless this is still an issue as it's only reading from a database.
  3. Do you really need all those 'If' statements. For what you are attempting to create, you appear to be making things more difficult for yourself.

Good luck...

Upvote 0