Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release B4J v9.00.
Download link: https://www.b4x.com/b4j.html

Improvements:
  • IDE performance - several cases where the typing speed became slow were fixed. The speed difference in those cases is significant.
  • #PackagerProperty can be used multiple times with the same key.
  • Internal packager supports packaging non-ui apps (windows only for now). The size of a zipped non-ui package is around 14mb.
  • File.DirData / XUI.DefaultFolder on Mac point to ~/Library/Application Support/[AppName] where AppName is the value set with XUI.SetDataFolder. This is similar to the behavior in Windows.
    It is required when running packed apps.
  • b4xlibs - manifest file supports an Extra field. The value is a single line json string. For now it is used in B4J to add #PackagerProperty attributes automatically. It will be used for other features in the future. See XLUtils.b4xlib for an example.
  • Fixed several cases where javafx.web module was required even when not using WebView.
  • Add existing modules dialog - option to copy module(s) to parent folder.
  • New "before packager" custom build action step.
  • Other bug fixes and minor improvements.
jPOI
jPOI v5.01 is included as an internal library. There are some minor API changes. It is recommended to use the new version and especially for new projects, use XLUtils.
You should reference XLUtils even if using jPOI directly: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/129969/#content
The old version is available here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...t-excel-xls-and-xlsx-workbooks.57392/#content

Dey

Licensed User
Longtime User
B4J Version: 9.00
Parsing code. (0.03s)
Java Version: 8
Building folders structure. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.07s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.00s)
Organizing libraries. (0.00s)
Compiling generated Java code. Error
Cannot find: C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\libraries\sqlite-jdbc-3.31.1.jar

Hello
I get this error with the new version
it seems that it doesn't take into account the set path
I attach image

Attachments

• B4J 9.0.PNG
    B4J 9.0.PNG
    36.1 KB · Views: 359
Upvote 0

moore_it

Licensed User
Longtime User
put in C:\Program Files (x86)\Anywhere Software\B4J\Libraries - the .jar requested
search in google sqlite-jdbc.3.31.1.jar and download it if you don't have

Upvote 0

Dey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply
the set path is not
C:\Program Files (x86)\Software via the Internet\B4J\libraries\sqlite-jdbc-3.31.1.jar
is
C:\B4J\Librerie aggiuntive
it seems it doesn't take into account the Paths configuartion

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply
the set path is not
C:\Program Files (x86)\Software via the Internet\B4J\libraries\sqlite-jdbc-3.31.1.jar
is
C:\B4J\Librerie aggiuntive
it seems it doesn't take into account the Paths configuartion
Please start a new thread for this. It has nothing to do with the new version.

Upvote 0

Jorge M A

Licensed User
Hello to all the Anywhere Software Staff!
Thanks for all your hard work.
I wonder why there is difference in the libraries tab, concerning the installed version and the online version showing minor releases.
Am I missing something?
1622901430260.png

Upvote 0

micro

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to all
i installed the new release and when i create the package it finally shows me this error.
B4X:
jar: Package org.apache.poi.schemas.ooxml.system.ooxml missing from ModulePackages class file attribute
before everything worked and I already had the new JPOI library

this line has been added and the dependencies are present
B4X:
#PackagerProperty: AdditionalModuleInfoString =provides org.apache.poi.extractor.ExtractorProvider with org.apache.poi.extractor.MainExtractorFactory, org.apache.poi.ooxml.extractor.POIXMLExtractorFactory; provides org.apache.poi.sl.draw.ImageRenderer with org.apache.poi.sl.draw.BitmapImageRenderer, org.apache.poi.xslf.draw.SVGImageRenderer; provides org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.WorkbookProvider with org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbookFactory, org.apache.poi.xssf.usermodel.XSSFWorkbookFactory;opens org.apache.xmlbeans.metadata.system.sXMLTOOLS; opens org.apache.xmlbeans.metadata.system.sXMLSCHEMA;opens org.apache.xmlbeans.metadata.system.sXMLLANG;opens org.apache.xmlbeans.metadata.system.sXMLCONFIG;opens org.apache.poi.schemas.ooxml.system.ooxml;

Thanks to all

Upvote 0