Bridge Log duplicates output

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I believe after switching to 2.2 and bridge 2.07 my log(...) seems to get output twice. It was really confusing at first cause I thought my subs were being called twice. Just tried with emmulator and it seems ok...

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
yes 2.20 (help actually says 2.14) and bridge 2.07

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am using v2.52 of B4A and v2.07 Bridge, and am also seeing duplicate log entries. Can this be corrected?

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
The permission change is described here: Issue 34792 - android - Android Jelly Bean / 4.1: android.permission.READ_LOGS no longer works - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Are your devices rooted? On most Android 4.1 devices there will be no logs at all when running in Release mode as B4A-Bridge cannot read the logs of other applications (USB debugging can read all the logs).
In Debug mode the application sends its logs to B4A-Bridge which then sends the messages to the IDE.

ValDog

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been seeing this behavior on my Motorola RAZR phone which is running Android v4.1.2. When I used my Google Nexus 7 (which is running v4.2.2) I did not see the duplication.

Dave O

Licensed User
Longtime User
Was this ever resolved? I'm getting it in B4A 3.50 on my Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3, not rooted.

Makes debugging a bit harder.