UI Cloud

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
UI Cloud is an experimental new planned feature. It currently only exists on the drawing board.

This is however an interesting feature and your feedback is welcomed.

The idea is to allow licensed users to send their layout from the designer and see screenshots of the UI from real devices maintained by Anywhere Software. Devices will cover the common sizes and versions.

It will only show the designer UI (including the designer scripts).

UI Cloud will help you with testing your layouts on real devices with different sizes and versions.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems very interesting, but you (B4À staff) will be flooded with new UIs

Upvote 0

bluedude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Not sure exactly what you want to do but, have you thought about something else?

Run a cloud of devices where subscribers can volunteer to do a visual check if a UI behaves well? These subscribers volunteer for receiving a layout in a B4A app. on their device.

So devs. can deploy to a bunch of devices (maybe through push notifications) and the users just say: looks ok to me or does not look ok.

You wouldn't need to have and run all these devices because volunteers would have them. You can never own all the devices that users have, impossible.

Every developer could actually get volunteers for you through their app by supporting the system. This is also a great way to advertise new apps, users get early preview screenshots and rate them.

So basically the cloud of devices is created among users and not run by you. This is also a way for developers to get to users.

Maybe you can even record which people subscribe through which app.

Cheers,

Upvote 0

BPak

Licensed User
Longtime User
Like your idea of doing this Erel.

I would find it very helpful as I only have a Bauhm Tablet to test with.

Upvote 0