Cooking book app

McShpoochen

Hello there.

I'm new to this community, new to programming Android apps and new to B4A.
I've messed around with Eclipse and despite finding its development environment rather nice, when I came across B4A I started liking it more.

I want to start working on a recipe book. It should be as simple as can be.
Home screen -> Content (Basically all the recipes) and inside each recipe a few pictures, and a nice story to accompany the recipe itself with an option to get the real organized recipe in a click. (The 'book' comes in by adding the option to swing your fingers left and right and travel through stories)
Its layout should also be compatible across platforms, so I'm guessing I should either code by percentage or create many different layouts. Which is better in your opinion or is there another way perhaps?

I know C#, Java and XML (Slightly enough) but besides school projects never really programmed anything from scratch.

So if you have any tips, suggestions, maybe code logic and other goodies, I'd really really appreciate it. :D

Thanks.

Last edited:

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you've never worked with SQL and need some samples or any other info regarding B4A, use the search feature of the forum, trust me, it works :D

You can also find some links on my signature below that might help you out.

Upvote 0

McShpoochen

If you've never worked with SQL and need some samples or any other info regarding B4A, use the search feature of the forum, trust me, it works :D

You can also find some links on my signature below that might help you out.

I've actually been using the search button quite a lot, and ended up reading a lot (A LOT) of stuff like guides, tutorials and general tips that seem very helpful. I even bookmarked some of them for future references.

But I'm just clueless regarding the software itself. I've read quite through the Beginner's Guide and done the math-solving app for kids quite easily, but from there to getting started on my own without knowing much about this software is paralysing me in a way haha

It's just, I'm not sure where to begin. Yea, creating and loading a layout for the opening screen is not difficult, but where to from there? I'm adding a list, so each different click opens up a new activity. That's great, but how do I add different basic features like finger-scrolling preferences and such. (It's just out of the blue, if someone has any sense or logic on how this app should work, PLEASE:eek: enlighten me.

Thanks so much

Upvote 0

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, in that case I would suggest create a basic framework of your app, then post the code (export it as ZIP) that way we could give you some hints, without seeing any code it will be almost impossible for us to explain and for you to understand.

Upvote 0