Add Click event to a shape Class

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have spent many hours in vain searching to find the answer. Perhaps somebody could point me to the right information.

I have created a Class which is a shape (for example a filled pentagon).
I initialize and then draw an instance, and it works fine.
I need to be able to add a Click or Touch in the Class such that if I draw 50 instances and touch one I can find via Sender or perhaps an ID or position, which one.
Thanks in advance

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for responding Erel.
This is a test Class to try to learn how to do what was simple in Delphi. It draws a single shape and the main program instantiates as many instances as and where required. I do not actually believe that my fumblings have been correct but it works.
I have passed the Activity to the Class in Initialize.
In the Class I have initialized a Canvas to the Activity and then draw the shape which is much smaller than the Activity.
I am afraid that I don't know if I have done correctly because I realise that each instance will Initialize a Canvas full screen but draw on a small portion.
Perhaps this produces many layers, I don't know.

I would like to not have to scan to find the instance.
Is there therefore a way to have a smaller Canvas, just for the shape and then they all lay next to each other and each instance have a Click.
I would value further assistance please.
[EDIT] I cannot find ispointinside. I obviously need a little bigger pointer please

Last edited:
Upvote 0

derez

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It draws a single shape and the main program instantiates as many instances as and where required
If I understand correctly what you want, you should create the class with an imageview as the object of the class and in the class draw on it. You also make a click sub in the class and from there you callsub to the main program, to a sub [name_of_the_bject]_click.
Now for every shape you create a new instance using the class, and each instance has its click sub in the main program, or all the instances call the same sub and you send a parameter to find which instance sent the click event.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you derez, you obviously do understand correctly.
My first thought is that using an ImageView say 50 times must use a lot of resource. Maybe it is irrelevant, I don't know.
Perhaps there is an unambiguous example with an ImageView that I have been unable to find, not knowing exactly what I was looking for.
I assume the ImageView is declared within the Class.

It sounds exactly what I need.

Upvote 0

enonod

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you very much derez

Upvote 0