How to get rid of the icon in the Activity Title?

tigerh

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to everybody,
since a while I am reading here in the forum.
I am a very beginner in using basic4android. Now I've got a question.
How can I resize or get rid of the icon in the "Activity Title Bar" - see attached image.

sorry for my bad English and thanks a lot,
Andreas

Attachments

• Snapshot.jpg
    Snapshot.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 639

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
With respect, that does not answer the question. It is like saying that if you want to remove a stain on your wall, you have to knock the wall down.

I too would like to remove the android logo or hide it - but I do not want to remove the title bar, which contains the system icon for accessing the "help" menu I have just spent hours setting up.

Many apps have a custom logo and other action icons in the title bar area. Do they do this by hiding the original bar and placing a panel where it was ?

Caravelle

Upvote 0

fotosettore

Licensed User
Longtime User
hi
i had the same problem and i discovered that if you delete in the manifest

android:targetSdkVersion="14"

the icon get rid

bye

Upvote 0

JCO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi, I know I'm jumping a little late to this thread, but just thought I add a little clarification that may not be clear:
It's not "the Android" logo. It will be replaced by your application's logo if you choose one in "Project / Choose Icon"

Regards,

Julio

Upvote 0

Caravelle

Licensed User
Longtime User
Aha ! So design a small icon that matches the colour of the bar and you can have no visible icon at all; or just design a smaller one. Now that's a good answer to the original question.

Many thanks

Caravelle

Upvote 0

JCO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, yes and no.
That icon is also (mainly) used as your app's launcher. So it is the image that appears in the programs folfer and on the desktop's shortcut, so you probably don't want to do that.
However, the good news is that it is your own icon that will appear on the title bar and not the "android" one.

Julio

PS: As for for icons' sizes and good practices, you may also have a look at this thread

Upvote 0