Continuous GPS data logging

nchazarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi to everybody,

I wan`t to log continuous gps data in order to achieve better accuracy when my device is static on a surface averaging the gps data. Is that possible? Thanks in avance.

nchazarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I want to get as many positions as I can from a fixed position without waiting for location change event in order to make a better average position for a fixed point.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

nchazarra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus,

Of course your physical position doesn't change, but the gps position should be continually changing due to the noise, gps satellites, and other factors, that's why I want to get the GPS stream and later average the position.

Upvote 0

DouglasNYoung

Licensed User
Longtime User
nchazarra,
I'm not sure of what variance in GPS location is needed to raise the Location Changed event, but logically it should trigger frequently just through the distortion introduced into to the satellite signals.
Perhaps a simple test could prove this or otherwise - It does seem a limitation of the OS!

Douglas

Upvote 0

netchicken

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you run from a timer that kicks in when the position doesn't change? However the readings would all be the same. That's the point of loc changed.

Upvote 0