Barcode and QR code libraries

mjtaryan

Licensed User
Longtime User
I couldn't find any in the libraries, so I'm wondering if anyone is working on one or more libraries to

1. Create original barcodes and qrcodes from scratch using data entered by the user with the capability of creating all the various types of barcodes such as UPC-A, UPC-B, EAN (I know there are at least two variations, but can't remember what they are), ISBN-10, ISBN-13, etc.

2. Edit barcodes and qrcodes (either created or scanned).

3. Scan/Read barcodes and qrcodes.

4. Print barcode labels, badges, etc. with or without the text that is coded in the bar/qr.

If not, these would be a worthwhile project for one of our talented geniuses out there. Me? I'm not up to it -- I'm up to my eyebrows in other project responsibilities. But I'd be glad to be a beta tester for someone else's project(s).

Just a thought.

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would like a library to read QR codes as captured by the phone's camera. Willing to pay!

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works, but I'd like to do it all in one app. Actually I have it working with barcodes, would like to get QR codes too.

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm actually using the lib from icefairy333. I just discovered that it works 100% with QR codes, all my testing had been with bar codes. QR code recognition seems to be faster and more reliable than barcode. Thanks for your help! And thank you Icefairy333!

Upvote 0

Johan Schoeman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I couldn't find any in the libraries, so I'm wondering if anyone is working on one or more libraries to

1. Create original barcodes and qrcodes from scratch using data entered by the user with the capability of creating all the various types of barcodes such as UPC-A, UPC-B, EAN (I know there are at least two variations, but can't remember what they are), ISBN-10, ISBN-13, etc.

2. Edit barcodes and qrcodes (either created or scanned).

3. Scan/Read barcodes and qrcodes.

4. Print barcode labels, badges, etc. with or without the text that is coded in the bar/qr.

If not, these would be a worthwhile project for one of our talented geniuses out there. Me? I'm not up to it -- I'm up to my eyebrows in other project responsibilities. But I'd be glad to be a beta tester for someone else's project(s).

Just a thought.

You can try some of these - various postings in the web page that will create various codes and also scan various codes

http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/qr-code-library.41408/#post-259448

Upvote 0