copy, cut and paste to and from B4A does not work

marksmanaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Strange problem I cannot use any of the cut, copy and paste commands either using a mouse or keyboard to or from B4A. It is very annoying. I did try searching the forums using keyword "copy paste" and it seems no one else has this issue.
I reinstalled everything. I reinstalled the SDK and updated all to the newest version as well as reinstalling B4A with no luck. I am using Windows 7 64 bit if that matters.
Anybody else experience this?

mistermentality

Licensed User
Longtime User
It could be a windows issue, I did a google search and found quite a few people having problems where copy and paste don't work in some apps.

The first result suggested a course of action that may help. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7/c572a1b3-5d8f-48b3-8b69-94695cf32710 so thought I would include it here.

I had an issue with chrome sometimes where paste didn't work if you copy and paste example code from the forum into the b4a ide but can copy and paste from other software into it so it might not be a problem with b4a.

Dave

Sent from my Nexus 7

Upvote 0

marksmanaz

Licensed User
Longtime User
It was something in my start up for sure. I disable everything and it worked after reboot. When I have time to sift through it I will pinpoint which start up item(s) it was and i will report.

Thank You,

Mark

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have this issue too (Windows 7 64 bit). I can copy and paste between B4A instances, but not to or from other windows apps, including this forum on a browser. The work around is copy to editpad, then DRAG selected text to B4A. That works even though paste does not!

When I have time I will try disabling all startup apps.

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually I'm using notepad or Editpad most of the time. Oddly I can drag text from/to edit pad and the B4A IDE, but copy and paste does not work. I can copy and paste within B4A, but not to or from any external program.

Upvote 0

touchsquid

Licensed User
Longtime User
I just tried disabling "realtime protection" in the WebRoot antivirus and now cut and paste works. Seems the antivirus is doing something to the clipboard. Anyway, It is not a B4A problem!

Upvote 0