B4R Question 3 Slaves Arduino With One Master

AndroidMadhu

Licensed User
Hello,
I have three arduino uno, where 3 color sensors[TCS3200] are installed. Every Uno will read the colors with 1 second interval and send the data to the Master for processing.

The Master will read the data from 3 slaves simultaneously and based on that it will show the Color at LCD which is sending from slaves.

Is that Possible? is my approach correct?

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Hello,
I have three arduino uno, where 3 color sensors[TCS3200] are installed. Every Uno will read the colors with 1 second interval and send the data to the Master for processing.

The Master will read the data from 3 slaves simultaneously and based on that it will show the Color at LCD which is sending from slaves.

Is that Possible? is my approach correct?
Difficult to say, without knowing what the purpose of the system is.

Why do you have three TCS3200? Is that 3 TCS3200 for each Arduino, ie 9 altogether? What is "Color at LCD" (singular) cf "read the colors" (plural)? Is this a device for testing LCD displays? Would the camera of an Android device do the job?

Upvote 0

AndroidMadhu

Licensed User
If you can run a MQTT broker on the same network then it will simplify the solution.

@Erel, You mean that every slaves send the sensors data individually to MQTT server every second, and from MQTT server, I will call the WEB API which will show the collected data to Web Apps.

Is my understanding correct?

Upvote 0

emexes

Expert
Licensed User
Difficult to say, without knowing what the purpose of the system is.
Just before I bow out of this discussion: one potentially-useful point from the TCS3200 datasheet is that the OE can be used to multiplex several sensors to one Arduino TC input pin, and thus, assuming they are located close together, you could read all three (?) sensors with the one Arduino.

Upvote 0