Share My Creation FunCalc Calculator

This is my first creation using Basic4Android. I used to program many years ago and just recently picked up the hobby again.:sign0104: B4A is a great environment for Android programming and is very powerful despite its ease of use.

FunCalc and FunCalc Lite are both themed calculators with a twist. I tried to make something for those who are interested in a personalized tool with a feel kind of like computer wallpaper. With each app you can swipe and rotate to change from 12 different themes such as a toy robot, teacher, football, and a beach theme where the numbers are written in the sand. Each theme is either a full function basic or scientific calculator. Some themes have interesting animations. I have put both apps on Google Play. FunCalc Lite has limited functionality for some themes. FunCalc has full functionality but is a paid app. I have limited expectations for how well it will do on the market but I just want to see what may be possible.

As far as the code goes it is fairly basic. It was a tremendous amount of work however, due to all the images needed (several hundred). All in all, over 5000 lines of code and it feels good to get it done.

Please try the free version and let me know what you think.

Dan

FunCalc Lite

FunCalc

Attachments

• robotscreensm.png
    robotscreensm.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 2,325
  • Promo512sm.png
    Promo512sm.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Chalkboardlandscapescreensm.png
    Chalkboardlandscapescreensm.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 339
  • Beach2landscapescreensm.png
    Beach2landscapescreensm.png
    62.3 KB · Views: 321
  • footballlandscapescreensm.png
    footballlandscapescreensm.png
    72 KB · Views: 338
  • calculator2landscapescreensm.png
    calculator2landscapescreensm.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 321
  • baseballlandscapescreensm.png
    baseballlandscapescreensm.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Beach1screensm.png
    Beach1screensm.png
    71.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Eyeshadowscreensm.png
    Eyeshadowscreensm.png
    61.8 KB · Views: 319
  • notepadscreen1sm.png
    notepadscreen1sm.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 325
  • calculator1landscapescreensm.png
    calculator1landscapescreensm.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 341

zetadan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Informatix,

I struggled with having it display the calculation because it takes up a lot of screen space. I have not used fonts because the numbers are so specialized. This requires a label with a picture for each character and an engine to decode the display. I ultimately decided not to show the calculation on this version. I guess I was going for style over functionality lol.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Dan

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Very nice app!

There is a bug with the "hint text" that you are showing when the activity starts. Tested on Nexus 4 the text is almost completely off the screen. It took me awhile to understand that you can change the orientation or swipe.

Are you using the Animation for the eraser animation? It is not so smooth.

Consider animating the "theme changing".

zetadan

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks so much Erel,

Swipe hint instructions have been fixed in version 1.1. That was an important find. I was somewhat concerned about how all the themes would look on different devices because there were many views to organize and scale. If the hint instruction was the only one I missed, I will be happy.

I will begin to look at improving the animation. I have a bit more to learn there.

I very much appreciate your time in taking a look at the app.

Dan