Android Question Libraries Created In B4A

margret

Licensed User
Longtime User
A library I have created in B4A like the AudioBoost library, relies on the EQLib library. After an update to the EQLib library, a few users started having errors trying to use AudioBoost. Even though the EQLib library name was the same, my library would now generate an error as the EQLib was not the exact same my Library was compiled against. So, my first question is:

1..Is there a way to tell B4A to include inside my created library all the needed files and other libs it relies on?

2..If the answer is no, is there any other way to fix this issue other than me recompiling against the newer library to fix the problem.

If no, that leaves me with having to generate a different version of my Libs to work with each version of whatever libs may be referenced by mine.

Margret

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Referenced libraries are not compiled into the library jar. It doesn't mean however that you need to recompile your library when the other library is updated. You will only need to update your library if the other library is not backwards compatible. This means that any project that referenced that library will need to be updated.

If you do like to embed the other library (which is not recommended in most cases) then you can open both jar files with a program such as 7zip. Copy the classes from the other library to your jar and remove the DependsOn line from the XML file.

Upvote 0