Android Question Installing SDK

Aloysius

Banned
Hi There

I bought yesterday and I am a web designer with HTML, CSS, Little PHP etc. I am struggling my ass of to install this SDK Sh*t of Google. ADT, SDK I got an error "Stopping ADB server failed (code-1)" But it is installing none the less.

Where do I start to learn here. I read the beginners guide, but I am still lost here. How long does it take the complete beginner to get up and running? All I want to start off with is to create a little programs that displays categorized quotes. Any help would be appreciated. I wish there was a complete install thing instead of this hundreds of crap that does this and then that, SDK, ADT I wish Google would make the things simple for people like me.

I'm giving this a go. You do offer a 30 day refund if I can't figure this out?

Aloysius

Banned
Hi Guys. Thanks for the reply but for some reason I cannot figure this out. It's now been 2 days. I am running windows XP. I'm going to give this another go and if not, I'm done with this. I tried everything now and while I am a web designer I don't know much about installing stuff as I like easy software. I understand this google sh*t is not your problem but I'm just really frustrated now. I'm going to try a few more times but if I can't get tit right can you please tell me hat I need to do to process a refund? I just wasted countless hours thinking this will be better. Do you know any other online stuff I can use like andromo? UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 2 days wasted

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So you've done this, okay?

Install Java JDK v7:
Note that you can have several versions of Java installed on the same computer.
  • Open the Java 7 JDK download link.
  • Check the Accept License Agreement button.
  • Select "Windows x86 (32-bit)" in the platforms list (also for 64 bit machines).
  • Download the file and install it.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and this?

Install the Android SDK and a platform:
  • Download Android SDK.
  • Install the SDK. The SDK doesn't work properly when it is installed in a path with spaces (like "Program Files"). It is recommended to install it to a custom folder similar to C:\Android.
  • Install the platform-tools, build-tools and at least one platform image (see the image below). You can use API 8 or above.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and this ?

• Open Basic4android.
    • Choose Tools > Configure Paths.

• Use the Browse buttons to locate "javac.exe" and "android.jar".
      javac is located under <java folder>\bin.
      android.jar is located under <android-sdk-windows>\platforms\android-x.
      On Windows 64 bit, Java will be installed under C:\Program Files (x86).

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
and finally, as it's XP, this bit...?

error_icon.png

Troubleshooting - Common errors
  • Windows XP - "Basic4Android.exe Application could not be initialized correctly error 0xc0000135" on startup. Basic4android requires .Net Framework 2.0 or above. Windows XP users who didn't install it before should first install the framework.

• Windows XP - "Basic4Android.exe Application could not be initialized correctly error 0xc0000135" on startup. Basic4android requires .Net Framework 2.0 or above. Windows XP users who didn't install it before should first install the framework.

Upvote 0

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you tried a reboot? I can honestly say that for me Basic4Android just worked and it works really well :)

Upvote 0