Android Question Problem with Gif Decoder Library

Fillmore

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello guys,

I've posted my problem on the tread about the Gif Decoder library, but no answer yet. I think it will be more visible here.

I've got a problem with the gif decoder library.
In the following app, if I check "G" and "A" and click the button "1", it works. After this, if I check "B" and click again on the button "1", it crash with this error message : " java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: length=47400; index=47400 "

I don't found why...

Thanks a lot and merry Christmas !.

Fred

Attachments

• gym gif.zip
    58.1 KB · Views: 201

TomA

Licensed User
Longtime User
You did not include the .gif files with the program so we cannot really check it out - need ga1.gif, gb1.gif and gc1.gif

Upvote 0

Fillmore

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks TomA,

I tought, it was included in the zip (generated with B4A). Now it's good.

If I click 1 and 2 and 3, it crash, but if if click 3, 2, 1, 2, 3..., it works. It crash only when I begin with the ga1.gif.

Thanks again !

++

Attachments

• Gym BLefort.zip
    112.9 KB · Views: 186
Upvote 0

TomA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Don't know if you solved the problem, but I did some searching and found a post that says "You need to use a new instance of GifDecoder for each image" - see http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...ayindexoutofboundsexception.11312/#post-63223

Based on that post, I added one line to your program and it seems to work OK. In the sub img_load, I added the line as shown below.

Sub img_load
gif.DisposeFrames
' Added this code
Dim gif As GifDecoder
' End of addition
....rest of code unchanged...

With that change, I can get it to execute images in any order with no problem.

By the way, in Activity_Create, you initialize the time every time that executes. You should place that in a conditional so it is only initialized the first time through:

If FirstTime Then
Timer1.Initialize("Timer1",0)
End If

Upvote 0

Fillmore

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks a lot for your answer ! I haven't seen the thread about this problem :-(
Now it works fine ! I can finish my appli now :)

Happy end of the year !

Thanks again.

Fred

Upvote 0