Android Tutorial Very fast Andorid Emulator

VERY FAST ANDROID EMULATOR !

Hallo guys

i want to share with you my latest discovery

i am not sure this thread belong here but maybe it does because its an tutorial

so i found a very fast android emulator for FREE and now i can test my apps in several ANdroid versions
and devices (you can choose between different devices and android version)

and also can make a video via FREE screen recorder (its possible to record video from the emulator but this feautre is only in the PAID version available so i use a seperate screen recorder and its working great)

first sing up (you will need to do this, dont worry until now i didnot get any spam mail from them): http://www.genymotion.com/
Emulator: https://shop.genymotion.com/index.php?controller=order-opc
Screen recorder: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autoscreenrecorder.htm (there are lots of them this one is really for FREE and also very nice)

youtube video how to install: (this tutorial is an older version of Genymotion but its very the same)

to install an App just DRAG it (the APK file) to the emulator and it will install it automaticly

GOOD LUCK B4A FRIENDS, and good developing in year 2014 ! :)

Last edited:

Nickelgrass

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just tried it. Seems to work great and really fast. Will use it for some time and see further.

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, will try also. Now i use BlueStacks for such fast tests.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
really great emulator, u can change between phones, and android versions, and its faster that in the real phone...

AND ITS FOR FREE !!! :D

b4auser1

Licensed User
Longtime User
really great emulator, u can change between phones, and android versions, and its faster that in the real phone...

AND ITS FOR FREE !!! :D

ilan12041981,

You are allowed to use FREE license only for for personal and private needs. Please find below the extract from "Terms and conditions of use GENYMOTION"

This license is granted to the end user only and exclusively in connection with personal use, the end user is an individual, and not a professional, who downloads the application for personal and private needs, excluding commercial and professional environment.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you can connect to this emulator via eclips, i dont know if its possible via B4A, maybe erel can do something, and you can test your app on air

but this emulator is really fast....

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can connect using B4aBridge. I used APK Share to get it from my device then dragged it onto the genymotion device and it installed OK.

On one of the devices (not all for some reason) a genymotion shortcut is created. Open that and an eth0:ip address is given.

I think I read that this is a standard for the genymotion devices, but I can't find where I read it. Mine starts at 192.168.56.101. If the B4a Bridge gives an ip address of 10.0.3.15 or similar, ignore that and connect from the ide using the 192..... address.

It may not work if your local network is configured differently.

I have started different devices and connected with the same IP address, if you open 2 the second should be 192.168.56.102

laviniut

Licensed User
Longtime User
Now the new version of Genymotion (203) is better. In the old version i needed to make a bat file to connect b4a ide to emulator with adb. now connection is made automatically. and genymotion is very fast compared with google android emulator, because is based on Virtualbox.

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
I can't seem to work out how to set the IP so I can connect using the B4A-Bridge using Wi-Fi.

My computer has the IP of 192.168.0.120 (which has B4A install on it) and when I run the GenyMotion emulator the device has the IP of 10.0.3.15. Of cause my computer can't ping that IP since it's on a different subnet etc.

I then forced the device (android) to have a static IP (192.168.0.199) then tried to ping the IP on my PC and still it couldn't be pinged.

Anyone worked out how to change it so that you can connect using the B4A-Bridge using Wi-Fi when using the GenyMotion emulator ?
If I leave the default IP it assigned, then the internet etc works fine and I can browse sites etc but just can't connect locally using B4A-Bridge.

realblue

Licensed User
Longtime User
After installing Genymotion and downloading desired VMs run Oracle VM Virtual Box and enter the settings of your Android's VM. Under the settings of Network, change Adapter 1's setting attached to as "Bridged Adapter". This way you will get an IP from your local IP range. After this alteration Genymotion will not start the VM from its own interface so run it directly from Oralce VM Virtual Box, and forget Genymotion :)

Reinosoft

Licensed User
Longtime User
This virtual device works 100 times faster than the one in the android sdk. and also the ADB function is available so realtime debug is possible!

thanks for sharing this

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
When you use other application the emu seems to go in some kind of pause mode.

Any idea how I can bring it back to life without resetting the OS?

apiwatcomscith

Licensed User
Longtime User
After installing Genymotion and downloading desired VMs run Oracle VM Virtual Box and enter the settings of your Android's VM. Under the settings of Network, change Adapter 1's setting attached to as "Bridged Adapter". This way you will get an IP from your local IP range. After this alteration Genymotion will not start the VM from its own interface so run it directly from Oralce VM Virtual Box, and forget Genymotion :)
Thank you it work :)