Android Question AutoScaleAll

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
does someone know how to use the Autoscaleall in v3.2??

erel wrote:

A note about AutoScaleAll. In previous versions AutoScaleAll always scaled the layouts based on the device physical size and the "standard variant" (320x480, scale = 1). It was only meaningful (per design) to call AutoScaleAll with the standard variant.
Starting from v3.20 AutoScaleAll works with other variants as well. For example if you create a tablet variant and then load it on a phone device then the views will become smaller. This is the correct behavior.

so again:
For example if you create a tablet variant and then load it on a phone device then the views will become smaller. This is the correct behavior.

i tested my app on my galaxy 2 and on galaxy 4 and it was not like what is written here
in galaxy 4 the views moved to the top and not exactly like on galaxy2 only become bigger

do i need to add a variant for galaxy4 and a variant for galaxy2 that in both phones i will get the same solution?

if i add more then one variant the phone will scale the views automaticly?

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is what i get on galaxy2 (left) and galaxy4

galaxy s2.png
galaxy s4.png

include the layout file

what am i doing wrong??

thank you erel

EDIT:

I checked also in Note2 and i get the same result like in Galaxy s4
as you can see the both buttons moved to the top and not scaled...

Attachments

• menu.bal
    378.3 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you give me the name of one of the "problematic" views?

the views that are not scaled and only moved to the top are

panel22, panel21 and both panels are in parent: "ponmain"
and ponmain are in parent "clock"

ponmain and clock are also panels
and clock is in parent "Activity"

'***********************
erel i think that the new version have lots of improvments but some things you added are annoying

1) in the designer every panel i choose (that got some views in it) it show all views in the left tree but it take long until its loading
i think you should put a checkbox that will make the tree visible or not visible

2) second thing is that the image file window in the designer is now much more smaller, shows only 3 images so if i have 30 images i need to scroll a lot

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Your layout is huge. It might be easier to break it into several smaller layout files. This is now quite easy to do as you can cut and paste the views in a new file.

I don't see any issue with AutoScaleAll here. I recommend you to play with it in a simple layout to better understand its effect. AutoScaleAll only slightly increases (or decreases) the views size, distance and text size.

I see more than 3 images:

SS-2014-01-17_09.25.38.png

However there is some wasted space between the images and the variants list. It will be fixed.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
this is how it looks on my dell notebook

cashb1.png

is it possible to give the user the oppurtinity to decide if to show the treeview on the left or not to show?
as you can see i have only 3 images, i can make the window size bigger (not much bigger) and get maybe 5 pics on one view but then i cannot see anything on my screen it will cover everything

what really helpfull would be are scrollviews in the designer i have lot of views and i need to drag them from one point to the other to edit them
because there is a limit of the window size of the designer and i have reached the limit long time ago :)

It might be easier to break it into several smaller layout files

i think it would be to much work to do it, if i do it do i call in activity create all the layouts at once?
or i need load every layout only if i want to use it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Again, I recommend you to break the layout to several layout files. It will be easier to manage it.

i cannot do it now, it will be to much work, i had no problems with ver. 3.0

in ver 3.2 it takes very long every panel i click it stop until the list get all views and it does it every time i click on a panel
this make the developing very slow

the only solution is go back to v3.0?? i think you should put a checkbox that the user can decide if he wants this option or not.

about autoscaleall you wrote:

I don't see any issue with AutoScaleAll here.

like this it looks on galaxy gio, so this fuction does not work correctly...

gio.jpg

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can preserve the previous behavior of AutoScaleAll. See this thread for more information:

no need to do that, its the same in the previous version, i solve this problem in another way, i put an option in settings "small screen phones" and if this is checked then it put this view in a scrollview so the user can scroll this view

just tought i could save it in version 3.2 via autoscaleall but it seems that its not working

i will wait maybe you will find a solution :) and put it in the next version

thank you

Upvote 0