Android Question Bluetooth chat problem - AStream error

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I'm working with BT chat example as a starting point for my project. I have an external BT module that autoconnects to the nexus bluetooth, preprogrammed with the nexus MAC.
I changed the example app to just "serial1.Listen" after enabling the bluetooth, and sure enough my external module detects and connects without issue. I never call serial1.Connect as the connection is established automatically, at the behest of the external module.
I get a 'Connected' event firing, so then do the "AStream.InitializePrefix(Main.serial1.InputStream, True, Main.serial1.OutputStream, "AStream")", and directly after that, I get an Astream Error event.

No data has been received, the Main.serial1.workingdevice lists details of my external module, but serial1.connected is all null.

Any help appreciated.

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
My external module is sending non-ascii data by the way, in case this is of any significance.
I will have to change the program to deal with my data of course, but the AStream Error seems to be occuring before any data is actually recieved.

Upvote 0

Arf

Licensed User
Longtime User
Fixed, many thanks. Fantastic product this, can't wait to get proper stuck in.

Upvote 0