Wish IDE: CTRL-Y no copy to clipboard

junglejet

Licensed User
Longtime User
As it says --

CTRL-Y is a popular line delete command (inherited from Delphi I guess)
But in B4A IDE it copies the deleted line to the clipboard, too, as it were a cut CTRL-X command.

A usual sequence to move lines is
CTRL-C
multiple CTRL-Y to delete the line and clean up the area from blank lines etc.
go elsewhere
CTRL-V

But then there is the last deleted line in the clipboard and inserted, not the line from CTRL-C

Please change the function, that CTRL-Y does not copy to clipboard

Thank you
Andy --

Last edited:

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
CTRL-Y deletes a line without copy it to Clipboard in Delphi, right... If i want to delete AND copy to Clipboard then i have to use STRL-X.

+1 on this feature

junglejet

Licensed User
Longtime User
And in Delphi for CTRL-X you have to highlight the entire line before,
while for CTRL-Y you only need to place the cursor in the line

The problem is that when I move a line I usually use CTRL-C, then I want to clean up the area (blank lines and so) with CTRL-Y. But then the clipboard is overwritten.

This why I like to have CTRL-Y without copy to clipboard

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
I brought this up a while ago. Definitely prefer Delete vs copy. I also don't like how it copies empty when nothing is highlighted. Sometimes you press control C again instead of V and it copies nothing therefore you have to recopy the original copy. Again maybe I'm just Delphi spoiled....

Should probably have an IDE flag to control these functions for people coming from various IDE's.

And I'd suggest if Ctrl-C is gonna copy an empty string when nothing is highlighted then it should probably be updated to copy/cut the whole line and then set "Y" to delete line.

Last edited:

qsrtech

Licensed User
Longtime User
[quote="Erel, post: 224796, member: ]This is already the case now. If you copy an empty string then the whole line is copied.[/quote]
Ok thanks, I guess I just always did the ctrl C on an empty line.