Android Question Problems launching designer - cannot connect to emulator

joyceck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I get an error message box when I try to connect an emulator to the designer.
Can't go any further without it. configuring the dev environment is pretty tough sledding and I got 10+ yrs with MS-VS...!!! Here is the error --->An error occurred. failed to copy 'C:\Program Files (86)\Anywhere Software\Basic4Android\Designer.apk' to 'data/local/tmp/Desiner.apk's:No such file or directory Then it says restarting the ABD server may help it didn't.

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am getting the exact same problem now. Does anyone have a solution as I have been asked to write an application for a device which I will not have access to all of the time.

Thanks

Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Have you used the emulator before and are just having problems with the new device setup? Or is this the first time using the emulator?

Upvote 0

Big Dave

Licensed User
Longtime User
The story...
1. I copied an existing app and renamed some of the file/directory names as well as the label and package name
2. As the intended tablet (Hudl 2) is more up to date I installed api 19 and updated any other bits that were out of date.
3. I created a device definition and then created the avd
4. When I tried to connect the designer to the loaded avd it came up with the cannot copy message.

I have since played around and deleted the avd and device definition, and recreated them (1900 by 1200). Now when I try and connect to it in the designer it says connecting and then goes back to being disconnected and no messages are display.

Hope this info helps. Thanks

Upvote 0