Other Basic4android v3.50 BETA is released

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm happy to release the first beta of Basic4android v3.50. This update brings major improvements to the debugging features of Basic4android.

With this update you can enjoy the rapidness and power of the rapid debugger with runtime performance close to non-debug deployments.

A new powerful watch expression feature is also available:

SS-2014-02-23_14.48.37.png

This allows you to easily evaluate expressions when the debugger is paused.

New features and improvements:
  • Rapid debugger runtime performance is now close to non-debugged applications.
  • Watch Expressions feature (see screenshot above).
  • The rapid debuggers uses a virtual assets folder. This makes it possible to redeploy only the modified files. This feature makes deployments of large projects with many files much faster.
  • Visual designer - Views tree performance is significantly better. Views preserve their names when pasting views between layouts.
  • #AdditionalRes attribute can be used multiple times.
  • ScrollView.ScrollToNow method (available in HorizontalScrollView as well). Immediately scrolls the ScrollView to the new position.
  • Quick Search tool (Ctrl + I) - An index based search tool for quick searching (in all modules):

k2v8.png

• Regions were added to the Find Sub (Ctrl + E) tool.
  • New attributes: #DebuggerForceFullDeployment and #DebuggerForceStandardAssets.
  • Other minor improvements and bug fixes.
This is a beta version. Make sure to backup your projects before loading them with the new version.
Beta testers, please post any issue you find in a new thread in the questions forum.

chrjak

Licensed User
Longtime User
nice.. but i am unsure with the update... i jsut had a bug with 3.2 and this bug blocked my project for 2 days...
Edit: i have a wish for the next real update
- Text wrapper- means, that if goes automatically in the front
Example
B4X:
If String = "" then
      'Action
End if
In the 3.2 i must do that manually
- Designer middle. in 3.2 there is both but with imageviews the pic warps...
Here Example Code for understanding my meaning
B4X:
Object.left = 50%x - object.width/2

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello @Erel,
Thank you for V3.5 Beta update. It appears that AdMod has stopped working in my apps...

Have you previously used AdMob v2.0? Try to delete AdMob library from the internal libraries folder.

@chrjak not sure what exactly you are talking about. Please post feature requests in the wishlist forum.

Upvote 0

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi erel

the treeview in the designer is now loading very fast all views not like in v3.2 (i have very large layout files), thanx

and the new quick search is also a great tool

i just dont unerstand the first thing you wrote i cannot find this option...

(i know you will say: Please post feature requests in the wishlist forum. but i need to ask you is it possible to add scrollviews in the designer, i have lot of panels there and if there would be horizontal and vertical scrollviews it would help me very much)

Upvote 0

Steve Miller

Licensed User
Longtime User
Awesome! I'm going to update and try it tonight.
With the watch variables, will we be able to set a watch on SQL command parameters and view the values if there are multiple parameters in the parameter array?

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm going to download it now. This is a HUGE step up Erel... Thanks SO much... these watch lists will make things much easier to debug. Excellent addition!

Upvote 0

Shadow&Max

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, it's very nice. Is there any way, in debug (rapid) to make execution stop when that watch value changes? As it is, it'll only stop and reevaluate at whatever break point you add, but one running, it doesn't track the status of that watch item.

It's main value would be to stop execution when a variable or setting changes.

For example... I'm watching a timer in which I change the interval from time to time. But somehow, that's getting changed when I don't expect it to be changed, so I'd want execution to stop when that watch item is reached... et1.Interval > 1000 If I set the timer.interval to 1000, that watch item is no longer valid and the execution should stop. Is this possible?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel,

When I use rapid debugger, I`m getting an error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: index.
It happens just after the device and ide connect. Seems that stepping through each line with f8 is ok, but not if I just let it run.

I don`t use "index" in my code so I`m guessing its not something I`ve done - and I only got this since the update to 3.5beta.

Hope its something simple :)

Regards,
Mike.

Upvote 0

maxmolinari

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Mr. Erel.

Should I have to overwrite the actual 3.20 version for installing the 3.50 beta version?
Is it recommended to improve performances of the environment?

With Best Regards,
Max :)

Upvote 0