Android Question Anyone know what "Object context is paused. Ignoring CallSubDelayed: AddToActivity" means?

Steve Miller

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a Kiosk app that is running on the tablet. If it is running at the time I upload a new release version, it replaces the running app with this new one and displays the following messages:

B4X:
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = true **
** Service (newinst2) Create **
-- AppUpdating.NewInst2: service created
** Service (newinst2) Start **
-- AppUpdating.NewInst2: processing service_start
intent: (Intent) Intent { act=android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REPLACED dat=package:b4a.CustomerTablet flg=0x8000010 cmp=b4a.CustomerTablet/eu.dgconsulting.appupdating.newinst2$newinst2_BR (has extras) }
action: android.intent.action.PACKAGE_REPLACED
extra: Bundle[{android.intent.extra.REPLACING=true, android.intent.extra.UID=10050, android.intent.extra.user_handle=0}]
Data: package:b4a.CustomerTablet
package REPLACED intent received!
package: b4a.CustomerTablet
-- AppUpdating.NewInst2: processing MyAppReload
** Activity (main) Create, isFirst = true **
Object context is paused. Ignoring CallSubDelayed: AddToActivity
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Activity (main) Pause, UserClosed = false **
** Activity (main) Resume **
** Service (kioskservice) Create **
** Service (kioskservice) Start **

Gentry

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which activity is the one which 'created' the class? I'm running into "Object Context is Paused" with a class that uses HTTP, I dim the class variable (x) in Main (same results trying Dim from Starter service.) and I call the x.Initialize from MAIN, which works fine (= httpjob returns values to the class object).

However, when I try to call a sub in the class (after it is initialized) also from MAIN to refresh the class data, the JobDone never hooks and I get the "Object Context is Paused, Ignoring CallSubDelayed: JobDone"

EDIT: Tried just running initialize for the refresh case also, it fails same. It seems like once the class is initialized, the object context is paused.

SOLVED!: I did not realize that the Class Initialization was where the object is bound to an activity/service. I was initializing from an different activity than MAIN. I incorrectly thought that where the class variable was DIM'ed was the activity that mattered.

Gentry

Last edited:
Upvote 0