3D-Printer

D

Deleted member 103

Hi,

Can someone recommend a 3D printer, price up to 600 euros?
Printing area approx. 150x150x150

D

Deleted member 103

The Anet A2/A6/A8 are cheap 3D printers under 300€ that seem to produce very good results and that have a lot of potential for diy quality improvement upgrades
Hi @Cableguy ,
do you have such a printer yourself or did you just read about it?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I do not own one, but I follow with much interest a FaceBook group dedicated to the prusa I3 clones, of which the Anet is a part of, and apparently, one of the most simpler and yet very good in printing quality...
I do plan to either buy one, or build one myself using MDF for the Frame

D

Deleted member 103

I have now read a few test reports about the printer.
But ..., the report says this is a kit and you have to adjust a lot yourself.
Therefore, I am looking for product that works without many settings, it can also cost a few more euros.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The main issue about 3D printers is that there's not one that doesn't need some degree of tweaking.
The kit form allows for one the know the "how it works" and to understand how the many variables influence the print quality.
Also, in case of a breakdown, parts are easily available and quite inexpensive.
A good out of the box ready to print solution with good enough quality will cost around 1500€.

There are only about 2 types of printers, the 3 axis ones, like the prusa i3, or the Delta type ones...
I guess at the end it comes down to how much you are willing to pay and how much time you are willing to dedicate to learning the process

D

Deleted member 103

I have this housing made by a service provider, it cost me 38 euros.

Attachments

• 230119743_74190.jpg
    230119743_74190.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 251

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Make you a deal, you buy me one, and I print for you free of charge for a whole year, you only pay for supplies be shipping, how about that?

LoL

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, it has a lot of room for improvement, most of them created using the printer itself.
If you read into the Facebook group i linked above, you will see that even replacing the most problematic components is not that expensive

I am not affiliated in any way with Anet...
Customer experience with gearbest seems to be troublesome, while with AliExpress, things seem more smooth

D

Deleted member 103

Is the printer sold at AliExpress?
This is very sneezed! But that belongs in another posts, as Erel always writes. ;)

I am not affiliated in any way with Anet...
I have never suspected. :)

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Filippo,
I have one, see this link :
http://eu.xyzprinting.com/eu_en/Product/da-Vinci-2.0A
I look, they sell it on Amazon.it, me i buyed on Amazon.de because it's not proposed in France.
I buyed since march 2015 and i have do a lot of things, like this (see photos) and of course more technical things also.
The duo is more than 600€ but the 1.0 without scanner is ok (it's totally not needed and as i know, not really good like scanner). I do all my parts in 3D with Sketchup or 123Design by Autocad they export directly in good format stl the both.
You can't have smoothen parts if you don't use acetone vapor to finish, of course outside !
As you see on the photo you haven't a good finish without acetone. But it's not so bad, that depends which machine you use and the parameters you put, more it's smoother more it's long to do.
As all time the things need a bit work by DIY to do.
If that can help you.

EDIT: And Filippo, as you said, don't believe that you have nothing to do before using a 3D printer.
At least you have to adjust your printing surface for it's totally straight in x and y axes. Believe me it's not a simple thing to do it, for example, to do lithophane (the most difficult thing i have do) you need at minimum of 3/4 of hour to adjust, some time more, that depends how your printing surface is calibrated at begin :D
But this model is ok, at the delivery unless of controling the calibration of your printing surface you can start to do a model, only the driver and software to install ;)

Attachments

• IMG_20150402_142818.jpg
    IMG_20150402_142818.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20150402_142830.jpg
    IMG_20150402_142830.jpg
    456 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 103

Hi @Laurent95 ,
Thank you for sharing your experience. :)
I have just this printer in visier, but it can print only PLA and I currently do not know if it is sufficient for me.
Which accuracy you used for the Rose?

Last edited by a moderator:

Laurent95

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi @Laurent95 ,
Thank you for sharing your experience. :)
I have just this printer in visier, but it can print only PLA and I currently do not know if it is sufficient for me.
Which accuracy you used for the Rose?
Hi Filippo,
It's ok you're welcome.
I don't know the model you think. My rose model is in ABS, i never printed with PLA since i have it. Precedently i remember that was a problem with the PLA on my machine because the temp of the hot bed could not be down enough with the firmware. Maybe they allow different parameters in the firmware now, i have never tried the PLA for now.
To be honest i don't remember exactly the parameters for this model, that was 2 years ago already :)
But it was near of the maximum of the machine i remember that the layer was between 0.14mm or 0.15mm, the max is 0.10mm. I've lost all my parameters files, i have had a big crash on my last laptop, the disk had been died after.

Last edited:

JakeBullet70

Licensed User
Longtime User

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
that rose looks like marzipan, ready to be eaten.