Share My Creation Invaders!

May I present my space invaders style game written using B4A and LibGDX.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.coffeeinducedgames.invaders

2014-04-23 10.38.38.png 2014-04-23 10.38.29.png

Please give me some feedback and ideas for improvements or bugfixes.

It should run very smooth on most devices but I'm interested to hear if anyone has any device where it runs slowly at all.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Really smooth (HTC One), 5 stars also

I like the sound and the retro effects --> the stars background accelerating when a stage is finished bring me back to 25 (30?) years ago arcade invaders machines

Perhaps the animation when you are killed could be a bit better

What do you use for playing the music and sound effects?

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks, I'll move the adverts to the top in the next update. I want to improve the star warping effect in between levels but haven't managed to get it to look right yet.
I also want to improve the graphics of the aliens and the ship, add extra animation frames and some particle effects for when they explode.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Sounds intriguing!! I've been looking to do a couple of old Spectrum games as well, but I'm not as skilled as others with games.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi andymc

i tried your game, in the start it runs smooth but after 2 levels it start stuck every time i fired, and also if the alliens fires it stuck

i use Samsung Galaxy 2 Plus android 4.1.2

as erel recommended you allready i would also set the music and sound to on as default

good think i noticed is that the settings are saved so if i set sound on it will be on next start and also the long click on the buttons that do non stop firing and move left right is a good plus

what you could do is make it visiable when you press the fire button like the left right button...

very nice game 5 * from me :)

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Use Memory Manager or something.. It seems to run fine on my HTC One I think I got to 2 or 3 levels.

Samsungs are notoriously stingy on making memory available for Apps.

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
what i can tell u is that it happens when i am pressing the fire button not tapping !

i press and hold the fire button and after a while it get stucks

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I've found the problem. When you either shoot or a bomb hits the bases, the graphic is updated and then the texture is reloaded, b ut I was not disposing of thye old texture so more memory kept getting allocated. Using a memory monitor I saw my memory use before the fix go from 56mb to 92mb in two minutes, but stay at 56mb after the fix.

I've re-uploaded the APK to the Play store so expect an update notification later today.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
The update has now gone live on the play store, this should fix any memory leak issues, please retest and let me know. the procedure to detroy the bases could be used to write a worms clone. I'll do some experimenting at some point and post something.

Reactions: eps

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
hi andymc

tested your new update and now seem to work very smooth

i think you fix the right problem its not getting stuck anymore

good job :)

are you planing to share your project here like you did with the "Clony bird"?