Android Question Unable to download zip files from your web since hard drive replacement.

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is an odd one. I created an app in the first week of July which used a vbwifi library which I had downloaded from your website and had it working perfectly. A week later my hard drive became jammed and I had to replace it. Luckily I had made a full image backup of my C drive at the end of June and a data backup a week later. Since restoring both backups everything seems to be working well - except for the last app I modified before the HD failure. When I run b4android I get the error message "The following libraries are missing: vbwifi". In my last data backup I had forgotten to include my b4a library folder. All I had to do was to download the library file again - or so I thought. I believe the file was Files.zip by vb1992. When I tried to save this file after logging in it said the file name was "files-zip_12094/" and not files.zip. It would not let me save it even when I renamed it to files.zip. I tried downloading other files from your site and found the same thing. As far as I can tell I do not have any problem with any other programs or websites since restoring my image. Does anyone know what could have gone wrong? In particular I would like to restore the jar and xml files for vbwifi (I cannot remember the actual names of these files). Thank you.

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for your quick response, Erel. The actual one I am referring to is http://www.b4x.com/android/forum/th...validate-wifi-is-connected.18279/#post-105159. When I went to the library that you mentioned and clicked on VBwep1.1.zip to save it the file name was changed to "vbwep1-1-zip_12864/". Clicking save I received the message "the filename is not valid", which I would have expected. Then I renamed it in the Save As dialog to vbwep1.1.zip and received the message "vbwep1.1.zip couldn't be downloaded". The line of code I borrowed from files.zip for Sub Globals was "Dim mmm As VBConnect". Unfortunately I cannot read the file to confirm that this is the one I used.

Upvote 0

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
When I click on Files.zip and then Save As the file box reads "files-zip_12084" This appears to be the folder where Files.zip is stored on your website. Actually the fully name is "attachments/files-zip.12084/Files.zip". I do not know why I am just seeing the folder and not the zip file. I have downloaded many files before without a problem. Could there be an Internet Explorer setting that has changed? In the meantime do you have an FTP site where I could download this zip file (or even email it to me if this is possible)? Thank you Erel.

Upvote 0

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you Erel. I used Google Chrome and it downloaded Files.zip fine, so I was able to reinstall the VBwifi library. However, Google Chrome is not my first choice for a browser so I have to find out what is interfering with IE. I have been downloading files from your website for years using IE without any problem.

Upvote 0