Android Question ...about RDC

dibesw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,
I use RDC (with ucanaccess) wery well for about 1 year.
My only problem is this:
if I run e.g. an insert into table and I run subsequently a query, I found this record;
but if I run an insert from access or another application, if I run the same query from RDC, I do not found this record.
If I close and open RDC (close and reopen RunRCL.bat) I found it!
The same happens if I do update.
I tried to run ucanaccess console. From this all works well.
What could be the reason?
Could be due to anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.RemoteServer.
What is this anywheresoftware.b4a.remotedatabase.RemoteServer?
Can you help me?
Thanks

Antonio1

Licensed User
Longtime User
hello dibesw
I also work with the DRC. With mysql and sqlite works well. With ucanaccess I have the same problem ... It 's not possible to access the db with the DRC and at the same time with msaccess ... ucanaccess not' a jdbc driver ... the tests that I did ucanaccess works well only with connections to the DRC ... google translation ... I'm Italian

Upvote 0

dibesw

Licensed User
Longtime User
I reported this specific issue to the UCanAccess author and I want just to mention that it seems to be fixed with the 2.0.9.
Nevertheless he strongly suggests to avoid concurrent and simultaneous transactions from different processes (and so from different dbms')
which could involve the risk of the corruption of the accdb/mdb file. In other words, this patch is useful just for a limited and "manual" usage.

Upvote 0

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi guys

Somebody know if is possible to work with ucanaccess and b4a?

If yes, could someone share a code example to work with ucanaccess, please, I would like to work with queries and Jackess can't?

Thank you so much

Upvote 0

Myr0n

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you so much

Upvote 0