Android Question RecyclerView widget and datasets

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Will B4A support this view?

The RecyclerView widget is a more advanced and flexible version of ListView. This widget is a container for displaying large data sets that can be scrolled very efficiently by maintaining a limited number of views. Use the RecyclerView widget when you have data collections whose elements change at runtime based on user action or network events.
The RecyclerView class simplifies the display and handling of large data sets by providing:
  • Layout managers for positioning items
  • Default animations for common item operations, such as removal or addition of items
http://developer.android.com/training/material/lists-cards.html#RVExamples

I am specifically interested in using datasets and how to do this

Please let me know
Thanks

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have previously read about this on the following link http://antonioleiva.com/recyclerview/. The RecyclerView is a more advanced and more flexible version of the ListView.

The RecyclerView is a new ViewGroup that is prepared to render any adapter-based view in a similar way. It is supposed to be the successor of ListView and GridView, and it can be found in the latest support-v7 version.

The RecyclerView has been developed with extensibility in mind, so it is possible to create any kind of layout you can think of, but not without a little pain-in-the-ass dose. This is Android, so things are never easy.

If you want to use a RecyclerView, you will need to feel comfortable with three elements:
– RecyclerView.Adapter
– LayoutManager
– ItemAnimator

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Reviewnow

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have no immediate need for this but it would be nice to know if it will eventually will be included within the b4a designer as a new layout view

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
will be included within the b4a designer as a new layout view
This only will not work. In B4A´s designer you can place a "holder" or something but there will be a librarywrapper for the recycleview needed i believe... :(
Honestly said i would pay for the possibility of such a recycleview (including "dataset").
It really sounds interesting! And also as a good alternative for listviews.
I REALLY LIKE the easy handling of listviews but it is not really flexible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0