Shelby

Licensed User
In the process of downloading the Oracle Java kit I am told that the
kit jdk1.8.0_162 is to be stored in C:\Program
Files\Java\jre1.8.0_162 unless I want to change that location. I click
change and try to store it in C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_162. Then it
says you must change to an empty folder since that one is full. I rename
the folder to j-bad-jdk1.8.0_162 and create a new blank folder
jdk1.8.0_162. Then the setup gives me an error message. When trying to configure with the b4a I also get an error message. In the jdk1.8.0_162 files there is a file named javac which is a
Any suggestions
Thanks
I'd love to post the exact error message but the Java SDK update 162-Progress window is frozen. I'm off to work and will check any replies later.

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
Years ago I had a problem installing Java for B4A and I ended up using the 32 bit version of Java even though I have Win7 64bit.

My JavaC.exe directory is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.8.0_121\bin\javac.exe

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Years ago I had a problem installing Java for B4A and I ended up using the 32 bit version of Java even though I have Win7 64bit.

Thanks Widge I'm on a 32 bit machine anyway.

Upvote 0

Widget

Licensed User
Longtime User
What happens if you let the Oracle Java Kit install the files in the default directory? Don't forget the JDK also installs the JRE so if you name the JDK directory "JRE" it is going to get confused and see the JRE directory has files in it (namely the JDK files it just installed).

I would let the installer use the default directory and see if that works out.

Upvote 0

hibrid0

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. B4a is really too easy to run.
But maybe something is wrong with your Java. Clean your Java installations.

1. Download Revo Uninstaller.
2. With Revo Uninstaller, uninstall Java JDK.
3. Reboot.
4. Download and install Java JDK (x86 or x64).
5. Configure B4a patch JDK.

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Thanks hibrid0. I deleted my Java folder, downloaded the Oracle jdk-8u161-windows-i586.exe and all seemed a bit better since while I was able to configure the first line (java.exe) using the browse button and I saw the javac.exe file. When I opened the SDK Manager and all the recommended installs line up, I get the error message:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\Android\tools\lib\ddmlib.jar (Access is denied)

It's the same problem as before. I'm especially puzzled about the access being denied message. Here's a print screen image.

Attachments

• SDK Manager.png
    SDK Manager.png
    261.5 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
hibrid0,
Whoops I didn't get to the latter part of your message where you mentioned Revo uninstaller. I'll look into that too.
Thanks

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
C:\Android\tools\lib\ddmlib.jar (Access is denied)

Then the setup gives me an error message

As it seems, you are not allowed to install things on C:\ (which means that you probably don't have administrator rights). I see "Access denied". Please login as an administrator. Are you running any antivir sw which prevents a proper install?

PS: Installing B4x plus Java is the easiest thing. Just follow the installation steps. If even Java won't install, there MUST be something wrong which has nothing to do with B4x

Upvote 0

Shelby

Licensed User
Thanks KMatle,
You got me through the process. For 10 years or so I have usually logged onto my computer as a regular user but with some of the admin permissions. That just didn't cut it with B4A setup. When I finally logged in as administrator this morning, cleaned out old Java program and parts (with Revo Uninstaller-Thanks hybrid0), I disabled my Eset Nod32 antivirus and everything lined up as it should. I'm now up and running with my B4A program.
Thanks to all who offered advice as I went through the fun house of setup stumbling blocks.
Shelbrain

Last edited:
Upvote 0